Stadium Texture Modding

bctrackboi11

I am trying to edit some textures for one of the generic spring training stadiums. Long story short, I used nfshtool to unpack the cram32.fsh file, edited a file, and repacked and imported it into the .big file. The only issue is below.

combined.png

The left version is the unmodded stadium, the right version is the modded version.

What would cause this? My guess is because there isn't an alpha image in cram32 for the railing image... Any advice guys?

bctrackboi11,

The issue with a missing, associated alpha image is exactly what the problem is, just like you said. I ran into the same problem with a few stadiums out there and I had a huge problem with Dodger Stadium last summer as you can see here:

DodgerStadiumCOMBO.jpg

I found that ANY mod I made to this stadium would cause that "black-out" effect all around the stadium. With the tremendous work by a member here named Johnny_Smoke, I was able to finally edit this stadium. Johnny basically created the proper Alpha-images and was able to write those instructions into the index.fsh file to recognize them. Unfortunately those steps were outside of my expertise; but thankfully he made it possible to make any changes in Dodger Stadium.

bctrackboi11,

The issue with a missing, associated alpha image is exactly what the problem is, just like you said. I ran into the same problem with a few stadiums out there and I had a huge problem with Dodger Stadium last summer as you can see here:

DodgerStadiumCOMBO.jpg

I found that ANY mod I made to this stadium would cause that "black-out" effect all around the stadium. With the tremendous work by a member here named Johnny_Smoke, I was able to finally edit this stadium. Johnny basically created the proper Alpha-images and was able to write those instructions into the index.fsh file to recognize them. Unfortunately those steps were outside of my expertise; but thankfully he made it possible to make any changes in Dodger Stadium.

I actually found the instructions to do this a couple of years back at simcentral.net, and was able to do it successfully. Only problem is, that was 2 or 3 years ago, and I no longer mess with MVP stadiums, so I can't remember how. Also, simcentral.net got rid of most of it's old posts, and that stuff isn't there anymore.

Archived