Sx Utility/walk-Up Music Question

dennisjames71

I normally use the SX utility when I make walk-up music for the game and everything works fine with that. So, I use SX batch file to convert the MP3s into ASF files to import into the game and my batch file will look something like this: sx -sndstream *.mp3 =*.asf

My question is: Is there a way to do the reverse? A way to convert the existing ASF back into an MP3? I tried to change the order of commands in the batch file to: sx *.asf = -sndstream *.mp3.

When I do this it does convert all of the ASFs to MP3s but I cannot play the converted MP3s on any player or music editing software I have. Is there part of the command that I am missing in order to make it a “playable” MP3? I want to change a bunch of Walk-Up music but I want to keep about 5-10 selections and change the rest with new stuff.

Thanks in advance guys.

I don't know if there is Dennis, but every time I converted an .mp3 to .asf using that utility, I never got rid of the MP3. Then I never had to worry about converting it back.

I don't know if there is Dennis, but every time I converted an .mp3 to .asf using that utility, I never got rid of the MP3. Then I never had to worry about converting it back.

Yes, I agree...I'm pretty OCD so I usally keep all of that stuff. What I wanted to do was to change almost all the walk-up music for the MVP 08 mod; but there were a few walk-up selections that I wanted to keep. The Van Halen "Jump" one is no problem since I have all of their stuff; but there were a few others I didn't recognize and I wanted to keep. Jim gave me a list last year of the music types and their ID numbers...so for instance I'll probably keep all of the Latin music in there since it sounds fine to me. Hopefully there's a way to hear/identify them by converting the ASFs...but it's not the end of the world if I can't. That SX utility works great though, huh Y4L? I love it.

Archived