dennisjames71

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: 1951 St. Louis Cardinals Uniforms

File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 11 May 2011

File Updated: 11 May 2011

File Category: Uniforms and Accessories

Version: 1.0

*OK, OK...you can rest easy now...At last you can play your very own 1951 St. Louis Zippered World Series. Same town. Same ballpark. 2 Zipper-Sporting Teams Clashing for Supremacy. Grab the 1951 Brownie Uniforms and decide the winner yourselves.

Here is a HOME & ROAD set of the 1951 Cardinals Uniforms.

These will drop right into Total Classics 1951.

*added period-correct look & texture of the uniforms.

*added the National League 75th Anniversary Patch

*included the updated Uniform Select screens with the correct uniform for TC 1951.

*I had to move the 75th Anniversary Patch to the Right sleeve on the HOME uniforms because of the hard-coded number placed on the left sleeve. I wanted to keep it this way so that it drops right into Total Classics 1951.

Install the .ZIP file with TiT or manually with EAGraph.

Enjoy!!

Click here to download this file

Thank you again. Stan Musial, here I come!

jamesgangridesagainf.jpg

Hey awesome logo!

I expect a 1951 Browns/Cardinals Dynasty presentation this week. :rofl: Just kidding...even I don't get that bored. Well, I did play a 1961 LA Angels and Washington Senators game last night so ummmmmm....yeah... :facepalm:

I expect a 1951 Browns/Cardinals Dynasty presentation this week. :rofl: Just kidding...even I don't get that bored. Well, I did play a 1961 LA Angels and Washington Senators game last night so ummmmmm....yeah... :facepalm:

Ok, if you insist...

St. Louis Cardinals vs St. Louis Browns, 1951 style.

WP: Ned Garver

LP: Harry Brecheen

Save: Satchel Paige

Red Schoendienst gets things going for the Cardinals with an opposite field double in the first inning.

The great Stan Musial.

Browns pitcher Ned Garver strikes out Musial here in the first inning. Musial would have a rare off day at the plate in this game as he went 0 for 3. He only reached base once and that was via a hit by pitch.

Enos Slaughter drives in Schoendienst from second as the Cards jump out to an early lead over the Browns.

Outfielder Ken Wood gets things going in the fourth inning with a lead off double. He would score moments later and the Browns would go on to score four runs in the inning off of Brecheen.

Cardinals-Browns, 1951 style continued

The ball gets past catcher Del Rice of the Cardinals but not enough for any Browns runner to advance.

Shortstop Solly Hemus gets back to first base after an unsuccessful pick off attempt by Ned Garver.

With seven innings complete in the books, this is the lineup the Cardinals will be starting out with when the eighth inning begins. But they'll be doing it against a different pitcher as Ned Garver is done for the day. They'll be facing...

...the one and only Satchel Paige.

And all Paige did was face seven hitters, give up one hit, struck out one (pictured here) and shut the Cardinals out over the final two innings to earn the save.

Ok Y4L, now I've seen everything (I think) :fool: That was quite *ahem* an elaborate display of the 1951 St. Louis Zipper World Series. Totally cracked me up and a humorous way to kick off the day. Did Satch get the MVZ award? Most Valuable Zipper...?

You know, as much as I rip on the late 1930s-1950s zippered uniforms...they are nowhere near as HORRIFIC as the uniforms that were predominant when I started watching baseball as a little kid and into adolescence...yes the 97%-Polyester-blended, vomit-inducing, skin-tight, pull-over uniforms :bad: . Your Rod Carew Angels photo in the Afro thread reminded me of those. I'll take loose-fitting zipper-action any day of the week. :good:

You know, as much as I rip on the late 1930s-1950s zippered uniforms...they are nowhere near as HORRIFIC as the uniforms that were predominant when I started watching baseball as a little kid and into adolescence...yes the 97%-Polyester-blended, vomit-inducing, skin-tight, pull-over uniforms :bad: . Your Rod Carew Angels photo in the Afro thread reminded me of those. I'll take loose-fitting zipper-action any day of the week. :good:

You know, I would wear these uniforms any day instead of those rainbow ones that the Houston Astros used to wear.

Observe :shok:

You know, I would wear these uniforms any day instead of those rainbow ones that the Houston Astros used to wear.

Observe :shok:

ryann16x20rainbow.jpg

Yup that's barfaroni for sure...Here's a random thought:

Your photo there brings up the point of needing to change the name of certain sports teams...

When a team moves to a new city or when other important circumstances change, I think that the franchise needs to change their nicknames. I know that Mission Control is still based in Houston but the team was mostly named after the Astrodome. When they vacated the dome...they should have renamed their franchise to something else. Houston Astros just doesn't fit anymore.

When a bunch of the Canadian Hockey team bailed to south of their border in the 90s, they wisely changed their names. Can you imagine the Colorado Nordiques?

The 2 worst offenders in sports comes from the NBA: #1 The Utah Jazz (originally New Orleans)...most ridiculous name for a franchise/city association and #2 The team I love to hate, The Los Angeles Lakers (Minneapolis)...there's nothing resembling a natural lake in the Los Angeles area unless you count the swimming pools in Bel Air or the Pacific Ocean. :facepalm:

That's a good point Dennis. One would also think that Los Angeles Dodgers should have been changed too since the Dodgers were originally named the Trolley Dodgers, which the inhabitants of Brooklyn had to learn how to do at an early age just to survive.

That's a good point Dennis. One would also think that Los Angeles Dodgers should have been changed too since the Dodgers were originally named the Trolley Dodgers, which the inhabitants of Brooklyn had to learn how to do at an early age just to survive.

Well...the Dodgers name is still applicable here in Los Angeles...In South Central LA and the Pacoima area, you have to dodge drive-by shootings just to survive. <or the Tazer-happy LAPD> :help: :crazy:

Archived