Thank You Billy Pierce

Yankee4Life

Recently I threw a perfect game in Mvp baseball when I was playing a game between the White Sox and Reds using the 1951 mod. This was my third perfect game while playing Mvp and ironically this was my second straight one against the 1951 Reds.

Again it was a lefthanded pitcher that beat the Reds and this time it was Billy Pierce (15-14, 3.03 ERA in 1951) that changed speeds and kept the Reds out in front like Eddie Lopat did in that 2008 game.

His opponent in the game was Ewell Blackwell (16-15, 3.44 ERA in 1951.) Blackwell was known as "The Whip" for his sidearm, snap-delivery, but he only was around for 5 2/3 innings and gave up all five runs that the White Sox scored on the day.

Nellie Fox went 4 for 5 to lead a 17 hit Chicago attack. Pierce struck out nine. The toughest play for Pierce's fielder's to make was the final out - a hard ground ball to third base that was momentarily bobbled but was recovered in time for the out. You will see this play take place when you watch the video attached to this thread.

OTBJoel's audio mod got me nervous as hell because at the end of the sixth and also at the end of the eighth Vin Scully made a comment that "if any of you are superstitious out there, turn down your radio" because he was referring to the no-hitter in progress. What a wonderful audio enhancement this is.

On to the screenshots and video.

Chicago White Sox 5, Cincinnati Reds 0 (at Comiskey Park using the 1951 mod.)

WP: Billy Pierce

LP: Ewell Blackwell

Video: Billy Pierce records the final out of his perfect game against Cincinnati.

Screenshots

Ewell Blackwell was wild in the early innings. Here, he throws one of his two wild pitches that lets a ChiSox runner advance.

"The Whip" was in trouble all game. He gave up five runs, all earned and 11 hits.

Even though the Reds were not charged with an error on this play, their defense was spotty throughout the game.

Except for this play! A fine throw nabs Chicago second baseman Nellie Fox at the plate.

Reds second baseman Connie Ryan fanned all three times against Pierce, including here.

Billy Pierce records one of his nine strikeouts on the day.

Comiskey Park during the seventh inning stretch. They know they are witnessing something special.

Nellie Fox collects his fourth and final hit of the day, a line shot off of Reds reliever Ken Peterson.

Dude! No way…Congratulations on another perfect game and what chance that it was with TC 1951. Of course for the first time in 6 years I got a perfect game with Warren Spahn in TC 1951 a few weeks back but now that makes 3 documented perfect games with TC 1951. Must be good luck and the year of the pitcher huh? What’s funny is that a week or so ago, I had a perfect game going in TC 1951 using the Dodgers (Ralph Branca) against the Phillies going into the 8th inning. I started gripping and I walked 2 guys in the 8th and I gave up a double in the 9th…so I ended up with a 1-hitter and the win but nothing special. Thanks for posting your screenshots and video for the special moment. By the way, those 1951 uniforms look pretty snazzy if I must say so... :pardon:

Dude! No way…Congratulations on another perfect game and what chance that it was with TC 1951. Of course for the first time in 6 years I got a perfect game with Warren Spahn in TC 1951 a few weeks back but now that makes 3 documented perfect games with TC 1951. Must be good luck and the year of the pitcher huh? What’s funny is that a week or so ago, I had a perfect game going in TC 1951 using the Dodgers (Ralph Branca) against the Phillies going into the 8th inning. I started gripping and I walked 2 guys in the 8th and I gave up a double in the 9th…so I ended up with a 1-hitter and the win but nothing special. Thanks for posting your screenshots and video for the special moment.

Dennis, I was nervous too. I had to stop and think about what I was going to do with each hitter that I faced in the later innings. I was really putting my pitches in the spots where I wanted them to go because I made sure I did not mess up when I released the trigger on the controller. It's fun to get the perfect game but you really go through a case of the nerves.

By the way, those 1951 uniforms look pretty snazzy if I must say so...

Some guy made them. They are in the download section if you want them. :lol:

Congratulations!!! :yahoo:

Not to be outdone by 2K Sports and their "$1,000,000 Perfect Game" contest, I'm happy to report that the two of you will be splitting the top prize in the "Total Classics 1951 $1,000,000 Perfect Game" contest.

Unfortunately, my contest is slightly different than the 2K contest and the payoff period is a bit longer. Instead of each of you getting one of those giant cardboard checks in the amount of $500,000, you and your heirs (and their heirs and their heirs.....), will receive $2 per year for the next 250,000 years. My lawyer is finishing up the paperwork, but you should expect to receive a registered letter within the next 5-7 days with all the details.

Congratulations again, and keep enjoying TC1951! :good:

Congratulations!!! :yahoo:

Not to be outdone by 2K Sports and their "$1,000,000 Perfect Game" contest, I'm happy to report that the two of you will be splitting the top prize in the "Total Classics 1951 $1,000,000 Perfect Game" contest.

Unfortunately, my contest is slightly different than the 2K contest and the payoff period is a bit longer. Instead of each of you getting one of those giant cardboard checks in the amount of $500,000, you and your heirs (and their heirs and their heirs.....), will receive $2 per year for the next 250,000 years. My lawyer is finishing up the paperwork, but you should expect to receive a registered letter within the next 5-7 days with all the details.

Congratulations again, and keep enjoying TC1951! :good:

Oh yeah! I can plan my next vacation now! :lol: Thank you Jim!!

Awesome! Now i can finally plan my trip to watch a game at Yankee Stadium and visit Cooperstown. Thank You Comissioner Jim. :drinks:

I'm making my plane reservations on Jollyfats Weehawken Airlines right now. (Let's see if anyone gets that obscure reference...)

Archived