Fshed, Nfsh, Eagraph .... What?

Gordo

Ok.... I thought I had it. I really thought I had it. I wanted to edit the igshapes file that adjusts, well, the in game shapes. As I said in another thread I wanted to eliminate the poor control pitch circles. Homer, set me in the right direction, but the X-men yellow X is still there, plus, I would need to revert to a crappy ball indicator and there's a black box cover the relay text. And I know I did this successfully before. Hell... I made the baseball catch indicator!

First off, I hate EAGraph. I cannot maneuver around and for the life of me can't figure out how to use the tools. and I don't really want to learn it at this point. I've had a slight amount of success with FshEd. Then somebody said, no, use nfsh. It blows. I went back to FshEd and thought I had it. I followed the instructions, created the .bat file. It extracted. I could take the 0000.bmp and alpha files into Photoshop. I edited them. I saved the 0000 file as a 24 bit (though FshEd recognizes it as 32) and saved the alpha as 8 bit. Clicked on the index file... got the DOS boxes saying it was successful. But, once it gets ready to go to the field.... CRASH to desktop. This is really annoying.

anyone?

don't use those programs for that. use nfshtool to unpack it to get to the bmp, and use it again to repack it once you've edited as you need. then install it using kraw's installer thingy. it's the only combination i completely trust because it was well written. as far as i'm concerned, the only good thing eagraph is good for is to preview files. the only good thing biggui is good for is to extract files. other than that, i've seen them corrupt files more than they were designed to. i've never seen any of kraw's tools corupt anything.

16 bit is the lowest for the non-alpha I could go, but nfsh seems to split it out as a 24 bit.

.....And still crashing. I am doing the igcrsr.fsh file to try to eliminate all bad control circles. So the file itself doesn't compress into any larger .big file, only to the igshapes folder. It does appear there. I've tried to TIT it in in both .zip and .rar format. I've made sure the read-only box is checked on the file itself. I get as far as the progression bar filling up and then crash to desktop.

I do get a curious message when recompressing using the index file which indicates there is no alpha image, but there clearly is one.

mwf71x.jpg

Ok thanks.... I even tried to edit it in the crappy Paint program, thinking PS was gumming it up somehow, but just wouldn't go. I'll have to send you some before and after pictures of what I'm look for. Gonna watch the Lehigh game and forget about it for awhile.

Ok Homer, here's what I've had and here's what I'm going for (basically the elimination of all poor control pitches, including the yellow X. So I assumed I had to black out what I did. The file from which to work is attached. Thanks for anything you can do and if you can tip me off as to how to save the file once edited, it would be appreciated.

sfcxgw.png

2aj9gdt.jpg

igcrsr.zip

Gotcha, but why are there two pictures? If you are trying to get rid of any images, the easiest way is to black out the alpha. Show me the original graphic and what you want to disappear.

I didn't show you the alpha and I do remember that about the black. Let me try that quickly and if it doesn't work, I'll show you the before and after (alpha).

Ok.... something is not recompressing correctly in nfsh, because after it says it's successful, when I try to open it again using nsfh,there's a problem. Maybe I just don't have the right version... idk. So damn annoying. I would do more graphics editing, but this is why I don't. I end up screwin' around with these damn editing programs more than spending time on the actual graphic.

Here's how the alpha image looks and then how I think it should look, which would also get rid of the relay and cut text (considering the top image above):

kcz61h.jpg

2s8p7bk.jpg

No. I've tried 24 and 32 bmps for the main image and 8 for the alpha image. When I click on the index.fsh to recombine, I get the above message in the DOS box, which is confirmed when I go to open it again after editing, only to have it corrupted.

Just tremendous Homer. Thank you so much. I'm wondering if I'm not saving in the proper dpi. Can't think of what else it could be. I mean, I have done some portraits in the past. Just so perplexing.

This will really open up some gameplay tweaking possibilities. Very much appreciated. This should be put in the DL section.