Uniform Correction Thread

DetroitStyle

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DS, it could just be me since I do suffer from some red/green colorblind deficiency, but the Phillies' socks look a little on the 'pinkish' side of the proper shade of the red/burgundy that is Team Color 1.

I just downloaded Version 15 of your unis, and it contains no Phillies uniforms, so you haven't modified theirs. This could be just a small detail that you've missed, or perhaps a change in the Color.txt (which I have imported using Ty's) in your efforts to correct another team's uniform caused an adverse effect on the Phillies' socks.

To see the socks, edit a player wearing High or High Stirrup pants, such as Pence, Blanton, or Pierre. If they're wearing proper Team Color 1 shoes, it's easy to see a difference between the shoes and socks.

Of course, as I said, it could just be me. (And it's a minor detail...)

[Edit: Seems there may be a similar situation with the Nationals unis, which is a team you've updated.]

And if I may disagree with mvp23, I actually think the Angel's red needs to be a bit brighter so it's more of a red-orange color.

Edited by RazberyBandit

Im not sure what 2k was trying to do but the last couple years they have been fading thier colors and this year seems to be the worse.I imagine the way the lighting is that all the teams probally look bad.

Im not sure what 2k was trying to do but the last couple years they have been fading thier colors and this year seems to be the worse.I imagine the way the lighting is that all the teams probally look bad.

I wonder the same thing... its like 2k manager wrote on piece of paper angels red Texas blue mariners green pirates yellow computer guy please plug in the holes. at least they did good job on stadiums unlike EA my god they were disaster ....

DS, it could just be me since I do suffer from some red/green colorblind deficiency, but the Phillies' socks look a little on the 'pinkish' side of the proper shade of the red/burgundy that is Team Color 1.

I just downloaded Version 15 of your unis, and it contains no Phillies uniforms, so you haven't modified theirs. This could be just a small detail that you've missed, or perhaps a change in the Color.txt (which I have imported using Ty's) in your efforts to correct another team's uniform caused an adverse effect on the Phillies' socks.

To see the socks, edit a player wearing High or High Stirrup pants, such as Pence, Blanton, or Pierre. If they're wearing proper Team Color 1 shoes, it's easy to see a difference between the shoes and socks.

Of course, as I said, it could just be me. (And it's a minor detail...)

[Edit: Seems there may be a similar situation with the Nationals unis, which is a team you've updated.]

And if I may disagree with mvp23, I actually think the Angel's red needs to be a bit brighter so it's more of a red-orange color.

The socks are in the base uniform files. example : uniform_php.iff for the phillies. texture #4

I fixed the Rockies in my v15 update. They have the correct black sleeves.

I'll check out the angels, phillies, and rangers, and see if I should make changes to the uniform and/or text file. I'll also fix the white sox.

Remember to ALWAYS reload the color.txt file whenever you download a new version. I generally make changes to it to give teams the correct undershirts and batting helmets.

The socks are in the base uniform files. example : uniform_php.iff for the phillies. texture #4

Which means in order for the socks to be corrected, someone needs to update the Phillies uniform files. It's not a result of importing the Color.txt file into a roster. Thanks for clarifying this, cammel.

This proves the discoloration of the socks is due to a mis-colored texture within the uniform files for the Phillies. It's the type of error DS has been correcting with his Color Corrected Uniforms mod for other teams, so hopefully he can correct this issue as well.

DS. We were replying at the same time. LOL.

Thanks for looking into this, and I look forward to hearing the results.

Edited by RazberyBandit

I don't think I'm going to change the phillies. To me it looks just fine. The color difference is so subtle that it really comes down to your monitor. The slightest change in monitor hue or saturation and the color will change dramatically. This includes changes in your video card adjustments that affect hue and saturation.

The rangers look fine as well. In day games the color is lighter and during night games the blue is darker. It's perfect how it is.

Lastly, I will change the angels. Some of the red looks pink, however the numbers and logos all have different shades of colors so it will be hard to match up the right colors. But I will try and make it look less pink.

Understood DS. I thought about the fact that my monitor may be playing with my eyes a bit, so I tried a 2nd monitor w/ my desktop, and also compared the two colors on my laptop. I could see a slight difference on all three screens, even if I changed the color-presets from 5500K, to 6500K, to 9300K, or made manual adjustments to saturation, warmth, etc.. Because of that, I had ruled out the monitor factor.

Maybe my slight colorblindness actually makes me more susceptible to certain color variations... LOL

Well, I might do a very small tweak to the hue.

For now, I've done the following:

1) Fixed the angels so they have a true red color

2) Fixed the brewers alt home to be darker and gave them their real helmet logo

3) Fixed white sox stripe on their away alt.

I might make some other small changes and upload the new file later in the day.

DS, I should mention one thing about my own testing -- both my desktop and laptop have AMD/ATI GPUs within them. (HD4890 in DTop - Llano APU in the lappy.) If you're using an nVIDIA card, that could possibly explain why I see a "pinkish" difference in Phillies and Nationals socks when compared to their Team Color 1, but you don't.

Is there any chance some screen-shots would help? I could easily setup a 2-player game of Nats vs Phils and take a few, RAR/Zip them, then drop the RAR/Zip into a post here.

[Edit] Lastly, I should mention I can also see a noticeable difference between the helmet color and the cap color for both teams. The helmets are a bit brighter, but that could simply be 2K's way of making shiny plastic brighter and reflective while making soft-cloth flat-finished.

Edited by RazberyBandit

Greetings DS!

Thanks so much for your fantastic work on the unis. I have a small request if you have the time to consider it. The road batting helmets for the Nationals have a red bill this year. Would it be possible to edit this? The road batting helmets in the game are solid blue, so I've enclosed a pic of Jason Werth taking a swing with the new batting helmet. Thanks so much and hope you have time for the edit.

Nationals_Mets_Baseball_258851_team.jpg

I can only guess he meant the now defunct CC-rosters mod...

In any case, I can see the mistake he's pointing out -- names and numbers on Mets' Home uniform are outlined in black, but should be outlined in orange.

I'm using DS's CC Uniform mod w/ the color.txt imported, version 16.0 (most recent). The outline of the names and numbers is black, however, it is also black in 2K's default roster. Something noteworthy: DS's uniform mod doesn't include a Mets Home uniform... Deductive reasoning: it's not an error in the color.txt file, but an error in the original uniform file.

The correct request would be one for an update to the Mets Home uni so player names and numbers are outlined in orange, not black.

Raz, that's the second time you've made an incorrect assertion about my CC mod. I'm starting to get annoyed now.

The outline of the names and numbers is black, however, it is also black in 2K's default roster.

I never changed the outlines in the color.txt. I updated the colors but i never changed the sequence that they're in. This is why I have this thread so people can tell me what 2K got wrong so I can put it in.

DS's uniform mod doesn't include a Mets Home uniform...

My mod includes a Mets home uniform. It's titled "uniform_nym_home" as well as "uniform_nym_alt1". Both are the home uniforms.

Deductive reasoning: it's not an error in the color.txt file, but an error in the original uniform file.

Wrong again. The uniform numbers are controlled by the roster file via the color.txt file. This is a simple fix and will be added in my next update.

**UPDATE 4/17**

- Updated the color.txt

- Fixed Mets home and home alternate number and nameplate outlines. They are now orange instead of black

- Fixed Astros away to include brick hat and brick undershirt

- Fixed Twins alternate home to include correct "TC" helmet and cap

My apologies DS. I made a really dumb, but honest mistake. I am sorry I've upset you, and I sincerely apologize.

For what it's worth, my eyes and mind kind of tricked me. I went in-game and scrolled thru the Mets unis to load the home one and view it, then alt+tabbed out to check uniform files. In looking at the files, I was somehow still thinking about and following the Home, Away, Alt, Alt, BP, BP, etc. order that uniforms are selected in-game. So when I looked at the files and I saw no nym_home above nym_alt_1, I didn't bother looking any further down the list in the proper alphabetical order, like I should have... Not seeing the nym_home uniform totally lead me down the path to a totally wrong conclusion.

Just noticed the mets road helmet and undershirt are incorrect (all black). I corrected them to mets blue and I'll include that in my next update as well.

Edit: Wow, there were a lot more issues with the Mets away uniform than I thought. Here's what I fixed so far:

- Batting helmet is now solid blue, with a solid orange "NY" logo on the front

- Undershirts are now blue

- Number and name outlines are now orange

- Fielding cap now has a solid orange "NY" logo instead of one with a solid orange outline and blue filling.

I made them look like this, the mets most recent away game:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_04_17_minmlb_nyamlb_1&mode=box#gid=2012_04_16_nynmlb_atlmlb_1&mode=photos