Face modders NEED HELP

krawhitham

Is that Barry Bonds?? Hehe

Ok maybe lighting issue turn down the detail see if that have any help.

Also during MOD faces U have to figure out how many bits the face use in the game.

I mean if u save your file as 64 bits and the game uses 128 bits the result maybe what U seeing now.

This only happens on the Bonds face I Oedited, and it is not the image. If I rename some other ord & orl files to match bonds the images is shown but looks horrible because those ord &orl files do not go with the FSH file

Rglass say :- There is another flag called "04 Face". Some players faces were updated to the new format, while others stayed the same from last year. If this flag is set to 'Yes', you know it is a "mirror face". Someone can probably go create new faces for these guys in the new format - just be sure to set this flag to 'No' afterwards.

I think this is important cause last year we were limit to the amount of faces we can put but this year possible with unlimited amount of faces.

the following is a rough tutorial I sent to a few that asked. The whole tutorial with the NHL Hockey info from a now dead site, Cyberfaces, I saved but it totals like 30MB due to images.

I had that white ghost image too at one point and I think it had to do with the wrong Kb size of the texture. You have to use FishEd to import the bmp texture and save it as a .fsh file

Hope this helps a bit. I do not have 05 yet and am waiting on the cheap Fry product. Patience is a virtue. Ugh. BTW, if you can get to him, could you post a screenshot of Mickey Mantle or email me the .fsh file.

BASIC_TUTORIAL__________________________________________________

The tutorial is for EA Hockey and is not exactly how I do it. This is a rough guide and I wish it were the perfect tutorial:

Here is what I am doing at creating a face that is not at all in the game. I am a rookie at it and have not uploaded one face yet. You may have more success if you are just modding an existing face.

1. Get a really good high pixel image of the player without a big smile. Could be tough to find.

2. Next, find players with similar skeletal faces. Using FishEd I opened and saves all of the .fsh files to bmp and printed them out as thumbnails so I can find some similar faces. The eyes are critical. I really see now how God made each of us so unique because of all the 400 faces, none had the eyes I was trying to find, in my case Mickey Mantle.

Study your player's face and skeleton because you can use Oedit to move things around.

3. Next, after you find the fsh you want to overwrite, open the fsh converted to bmp file in your photoshop or other program and work your face from the photo onto the bmp. If your photo stinks forget it. You can however find other players skin tone, nose, lips etc and cut and paste to build the face of your player. This is tedious but I must be a little crazy in doing. Sure hope EASports does not change the ability for us to put faces into the game.

When pasting onto the fsh converted bmp, you have to make sure that the nose, eyes and lips paste over exactly or the result will be eyes in the wrong place on the skeleton (orl. ord) files and in the game you may have two sets of eyes on the player, the 3d ones and the static ones.

Skin tones of all parts pasted should match up. Try not to use the smudge tool as this makes the face to smooth looking without any texture. Cut and paste flesh sections is the way to go in my opinion.

4. Now you have a decent texture. You will have to import this via the Tutorial below using Fished. Use the

78h | 120 | R5G6B5 selection in the scoll down list. The fsh file needs to be 32.1 kb. (may have changed in 05)

5. Go to the folder where the ord to o and o to ord programs and batch files are located and convert the ord and orl to the o file. Open Oedit and then manage textures. I hope the oedit works fine for you all as I kept getting the message unsupported sections. I think it was I had the wrong ord to o program or I had it missing the folder.

Now comes the painstaking oedit shaping of the face to what you want. I would recommend starting with the eyes and gradually saving and going into the game to see how it looks. Use Fraps to screen capture your face from all angles in the game so you can see where you need to make changes.

A word on the oedit, after you made the 3d changes, save and you will see the oedit file in your folder you are working from. Now use o to ord to get the edited .orl and .ord files. At this point I rename them to something like

c128 eyes lid shift down.orl and same wording for .ord

I then copy these and paste into the MVP main folder and run the install.bat program.

Another thing using Oedit. Try to select several of the vertices and move them together. To zoom in Use Ctrl W, Pan use ctrl and the mouse, To get the 3d model turned and zoomed in, first turn him using the mouse, center him using ctrl and the mouse, then let go of ctrl and right lick and move him in. He does not move perfectly straight in and you will have to adjust. Have fun with this as this can be a little frustrating.

I could go on and on but it is really a lot of trial and error, at least for me. I am after one face, Mickey Mantle and it has taken over three weeks now (three months). I could not find a decent photo of him that he was not smiling in. He was a fun loving to his own early death but a hero at the end.

Another thing to do. To save you having to click to the right teams to setup the game and check your progress, you can put the player first in the batting order and arrange the game to have your play now or exhibition team with the one you have your modded player on be at the start of the game choices. This will save time and cut down on some frustration since you will undoubtedly be experiencing some.

I had that white ghost image too at one point and I think it had to do with the wrong Kb size of the texture. You have to use FishEd to import the bmp texture and save it as a .fsh file

That what I also thought when I mention bits sizes of the images. But krawhitham said, he is using the same face he used last year. Maybe he just have to check to make sure he save the fsh size exactly at 32kb to work.

Archived