How Do You Make An Overlay

gonzoredsox2012

This is where the search function leaves a lot to be desired. I searched "overlay" on the basic search function and got no results. I went into advanced and chose the 2005 section and listed as posts and got 8 pages worth of results. Good luck...lots of content there.

FEonly.big and IGonly.big... the secrets lie within... Actually just let me know if you can't find anything on how to do this, but seriously, there is a ton of results, like daflyboys says. Just be sure to backup whatever .big files you mess with. It sucks forgetting to do that (although you learn what is causing the crashes pretty quickly).

FEonly.big and IGonly.big... the secrets lie within... Actually just let me know if you can't find anything on how to do this, but seriously, there is a ton of results, like daflyboys says. Just be sure to backup whatever .big files you mess with. It sucks forgetting to do that (although you learn what is causing the crashes pretty quickly).

i cant find any info can u show me

You will need the following programs: BigGui, NFSHtool, and a graphics editor, such as Photoshop.

-You must back up the following .big files FIRST: IGonly, InGame, and FEonly.big.

-You will extract from your IGonly: the ptchslc.fsh and the ingameov.fsh files using BigGui.

-You will open those .fsh files with nfshtool and a folder will appear full of bmp's and their associated alphas.

-you will find the bmps that make up what you want to change and edit those (maintaining the same size) using photoshop.

-you will save as the bmp file you opened as 24 bit

-you will then highlight everything you want to be transparent in game and then select inverse and cut.

-you will switch the bmp's mode to greyscale and save as the alpha file in the fsh folder as 8-bit

-you will click on the index icon when you are done editing the bmps

-the fsh you extracted will now be updated

-insert back into the .big file you got it from

verify if you need to compress (I don't think so for overlay files)

-rebuild the .big

-place back into your mvp2005 folder where you got the big files from

That's it in a nutshell. Good luck

• 5 months later...

Pardon me for reviving this relatively old thread but where do you guys find the proper or official logos and icons etc. for a desired theme? Say, I want to make an overlay of fox 2012, do I just go to fox.com and save the pictures? Thanks.