MVP2k5 Stadiums List

Sean O

As far as I can tell, and I hope this isn't a repeat post in the massive onrush that has hit this board today, these are the classic stadiums included in the game:

Hiram Birthorn

Stade Olympique

Crosley Field

Classic Fenway

Qualcomm Park

Veteran's Stadium

Cleveland Municipal Stadium

Griffith Stadium

Sportsman's Park

Polo Grounds

Forbes Field

Metropolitan Stadium

Shibe Park

Astrodome

Tiger Stadium

Riverfront

that's most of the list, I might be missing one or two. Stadia still not included:

County Stadium

Kingdome

Three Rivers

Candlestick

Exhibition Stadium

Ebbets Field (sigh)

Arlington Stadium

Municipal Stadium

Wrigley Field (LA)

LA Coliseum

Fulton County

Mile High

And any other classic versions of current-day ballparks.

I am sure I am missing some major parts of both these lists, so feel free to correct me. On the "left-out" list, I only included parks used for a decade or more, or that were funky enough to be included anyway. Personally I most want the Coliseum because it's so weird, but I'm sure I'm alone in that sentiment.

Enjoy the game guys and gals. Back to my paper.

I'm really glad that Cleveland Municipal Stadium was included - I really liked that place. I've already unlocked it and played half a game there. Looks nice.

Why is Veterans Stadium included? That place is ugly and lifeless. I don't think anybody shed a tear when that place was imploded.

I'll look forward to playing in Qualcomm too. As a Yankee fan I have some nice memories of things that happened there in the 1998 World Series. 8) Remember when Scott Brosius hit that three-run bomb off of Trevor Hoffman, right after he came out of the bullpen to the tune of AC/DC's Hells Bells?

Crap!!!

I'm kinda ticked off that they didn't include the Kingdome.

Considering this is the 10th Anniversary of the 1995 Mariners team, it might've been fun to reenact some of those classic playoff games against the Yankees. Oh well.

But you know why I remember?

CAUSE I WAS THERE!!! :D

Games 3, 4, and 5 against the Yankees. Upper deck in right field in the Kingdome!!!

That place was L-O-U-D.

While we're on the topic of Stadia, and you brought up an excellent point Ms, I would love to see if we could create retro-ish parks for particular eras. Like, the Metrodome needs the plexiglass walls in left if you're ever going to consider it the place where Puckett led them to the Series championship. And the Kingdome needs those massive panels falling from the roof as well.

Sorry, low blow.

But this would be an interesting consideration and not require too much overwhelming work, apart from learning how to do the Plexi thing. Something to keep in the mind for interesting mod possibilities.

Going to the Kingdome was a unique baseball experiance. Even Rogers Centre (formerly SkyDome) with all of its faux style cannot match the tackiness of it -- A real piece of work. I wish it was in the game. But then again, I wish classic Yankee Stadium was in the game.

Cleveland stadium was one of the biggest architetural mistakes in the history of mankind. It was a hideous, cold, canvernous, and empty stadium. I dont understand how anyone could praise it. Meanwhile, nobody mentioned the "Baseball Palace of the World" Comiskey Park. It was a great stadium. Unlike some of the forgettable cookie-cutter POS football stadiums that were included (veterans, Jack Murphy) they should have put in an actual BASEBALL field. I guess I can understand seeing as Ebbets still isnt in the game for some reason, but there is no way Cleveland, the Vet, Qualcomm, Hiram Bithorn and Olympic Stadium should be in this game.

I guess Comiskey will continue to be overlooked because it never became a haven for drunken yuppies and trendy hipsters who came to see the stadium and the bars, and not pay attention to the game. Or maybe it isnt immortalized because it was replaced when it fell into a state of disrepair, unlike the crumbling "shrine" on the north side.

I guess Comiskey will continue to be overlooked because it never became a haven for drunken yuppies and trendy hipsters who came to see the stadium and the bars, and not pay attention to the game. Or maybe it isnt immortalized because it was replaced when it fell into a state of disrepair, unlike the crumbling "shrine" on the north side.

Yep, I'm pissed. :evil:

Do you post at WSI? :wink:

Maybe now that they lost their mlb license they can make a classic mvp game next year. Modders can bridge the gap between 2005 and 2006 anyway, so who cares we won't have 2006 season out of the box :)

Just an idea for next year:

Take one season per decade and recreate all parks, shirts and players. Like having an 80's season with a young Maddux at the Cubs together with Sosa, Sandberg, etc......Clemens at the Red Sox, etc.

The way they did it now is just much too random....it's just a nice extra, but it could be so much more!

Maybe now that they lost their mlb license they can make a classic mvp game next year. Modders can bridge the gap between 2005 and 2006 anyway, so who cares we won't have 2006 season out of the box :)

Just an idea for next year:

Take one season per decade and recreate all parks, shirts and players. Like having an 80's season with a young Maddux at the Cubs together with Sosa, Sandberg, etc......Clemens at the Red Sox, etc.

The way they did it now is just much too random....it's just a nice extra, but it could be so much more!

Without the MLB or MLBPA licenses, EA cannot use the likenesses of MLB teams, players, or stadiums, even from past years. They would have to use all generic, fake names like most of the minor leaguers.

trutil-

Actually LA Coliseum had the largest attendance at any game at 92,000+ when the Dodgers played there right after their move from Brooklyn, but the Mistake on the Lake was a gargantuan park.

Now LA Coliseum is the one park I really want to have, it's just so weird.

http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/national/laxcol.htm

Cleveland stadium was one of the biggest architetural mistakes in the history of mankind. It was a hideous, cold, canvernous, and empty stadium. I dont understand how anyone could praise it. Meanwhile, nobody mentioned the "Baseball Palace of the World" Comiskey Park. It was a great stadium. Unlike some of the forgettable cookie-cutter POS football stadiums that were included (veterans, Jack Murphy) they should have put in an actual BASEBALL field. I guess I can understand seeing as Ebbets still isnt in the game for some reason, but there is no way Cleveland, the Vet, Qualcomm, Hiram Bithorn and Olympic Stadium should be in this game.

Cleveland Municipal was the home of the Indians for 60 years. That alone merits its place in MVP2005. For me, this place is synonymous with baseball, from the first game I attended in the 60's to the last in 1993. It's obvious that you don't know much about it and its history. I miss it dearly.

Vince

How do you know Cleveland Municipal Stadium's not in the game? Remember, they added 13 more stadiums and a lot of then are "Hidden," meaning you won't know what they are until you unlock them.

Kccitystar tells me Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium's in the game and I believe him.

Archived