The "fifafs.exe Has Encountered A Problem..." Error Message

Gordo

Searched and searched and cannot find a solution. Getting this consistently when trying to experiment in installing Jogar's Nationals cyberface 3-pack recently released, using TiT. What am I missing?

I'd also like to know more about this. I can't get Total Classics 1964 working properly for the life of me. After the install, portrait.big and uniform.big already appear to be corrupted with uncompressed files and I get the "fifa.exe..." error message when trying to install any updates.

Can anyone give any guidance on this? Renaming "c" files seems to make it worse. Need a step by step please. MVPedit, per Kyle, seems to create more problems. Can't say I'm even sure how to utilize MVPedit to install regardless.

Another thing is that some cyberface makers are including the .bmp file and not an .fsh file and I'll be damned if I can find how to convert this to an .fsh file. EAgraph is satanspawn. fshtool and nfsh ..... nope. This stuff is really starting to **** me off.

Can anyone give any guidance on this? Renaming "c" files seems to make it worse. Need a step by step please. MVPedit, per Kyle, seems to create more problems. Can't say I'm even sure how to utilize MVPedit to install regardless.

If I had to guess, I would say your models.big is already corrupted. I usually check it by opening it up in Biggui and looking for uncompressed faces. You can attempt to compress it in that program and if it crashes when you try, it is definitely messed up.

Another thing is that some cyberface makers are including the .bmp file and not an .fsh file and I'll be damned if I can find how to convert this to an .fsh file. EAgraph is satanspawn. fshtool and nfsh ..... nope. This stuff is really starting to **** me off.

I usually treat these in this manner:

1. I find an existing cyberface fsh and collapse it with nFSHTOOL.

2. I copy the new bitmap into the folder created by nFSHTOOL, delete the old bitmap, and rename the new one 0000.BMP.

3. I re-index the fsh.

4. I rename the fsh, ord & orl to whatever number I need.

5. I zip it up and install it with TiT.

If TiT is crashing when you try this method, that would also lead me to believe that your models.big is corrupted.