Year Updater Not Working

SeanRobinson

I've just installed the most recently released 2012 schedule and 2012 rosters. I can't seem to update the year properly, however. I tried using TyWiggins' updater from the MVP 08 mod, but the updater window just opens and then immediately closes without letting me do anything, and the schedule does not update.

I also tried using the year updater from the MVP 1994 mod, but with the same result--the window opens, closes 2 seconds later, and no year change.

I have MVP open to my current dynasty when I try this.

How can I fix this?

I'm having the same problem and would also be interested in the answer as I'd like to package the schedule updater with MVP 12 if I can acquire permission.

Saving might make sense--I'll try that next time.

It worked once I did a clean install of MVP 08. I'd had it installed to a separate folder; this time I just had it overwrite the base MVP 05 folder.

• 1 month later...
  • 12 years later...

I was able to get this mod to work in order to update my season to the date of 2024 using the free Windows XP Mode virtual machine.  I had no success running the program under Windows 11 so I had to use the Windows XP Mode virtual machine and install MVP Baseball.  I copied over my database folder from my updated MVP Baseball game (2024 mods) running under Windows 11 over to the MVP Baseball folder running inside the Windows XP Mode virtual machine along with the Year Changer program.  At the team select screen when starting a new dynasty run the Year Changer program.  I saved the dynasty and copied the dynasty file back over to my Windows 11 computer inside the MVP Baseball save folder.  Using the later versions of the Windows operating systems there is a problem with the program requiring the older versions of the .Net framework and Microsoft Visual C++ packages.

Now this was a bump, 12 years. Lol

Yes, almost all his tools have to be run on Windows XP.

I also believe that the year changer is one of the only ones that will also work on Windows 7, but nothing newer.

The .exe also cannot be re-named.

It has to be the exact name as the original one from the disk.

Because his tool looks for the correct saved address, and when it doesn't find it., that is when you get the quick screen that closes instantly.