Baseup! Phase 2 Freeze --- Requesting Help

Gordo

Hey all.... I can't find for the life of me figure out why this roster set is freezing. I thought it was possibly tied to the Orioles, Pittsburgh or Boston organization at some level, but just can't narrow it down. I thought it was also linked to the AL All-star team since I eliminated Pineda from the roster and lost him, then re-imported him. I just can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. It seems to be freezing around a middle date in April, but not a specific date each time.

P.S. It may have something to do with the way I eliminated a good number of the "D.Default" players (though it was none of the MLB teams). Basically, I figured out which minor league teams had them present, then went back to MVPedit, moved all of the players to one of the "good" levels, copied that team (essentially ending up with a team that had anywhere between 40+ to 70+ players, copied that "mega" team back to the squad that had the "D.Default" player, essentially overwriting him and then eliminating duplicate players. Seemed to work, but now wondering if I corrupted anything that way.

I notice that you have David Price on the Rays AND as a free agent. I wonder if the same player ID is nevertheless assigned to him--such that some AI team signs him around mid-April but he's also still on the Rays so a conflict emerges. Perhaps other players are replicated this way, too, though on my quick passthrough when I tried to use your rosters yesterday I only noticed Price right off.

Mine froze at April 20 and then at April 22. On one freeze I had both the new LAA portraits also installed along with the 2012 schedules, and on the other it was only your rosters. So it doesn't' seem to be a conflict with another mod, if you were even considering that possibility anyway.

Best of luck--can't wait to use these rosters in a full season!

I dont think portraits matter at all. Ive also had freezes with different schedules. Im starting to think that its in some minor league team since it freezes using the 50 gm (where the mid to latter parts of the month are greyed out for the MLB teams). I even tried to correct the batting slots for starting pitchers directly on the roster.dat files as previously pointed out by Homer. Its probably a cyber face no. on some minor league team.

No. Shouldn't be a problem. That's just a matter of turning them off in MVPedit. I accidentally released versions last year with them on and it didn't seem to matter. I thought that maybe it was because the Curve had only 9 pitchers, but corrected that and still had a freeze on April 18th. Still wondering if it's a bad cyberface number accidentally put in.

I'll check it out this weekend. I just got over my own roster issues. Jim would be a great person to PM for this as well, he's incredibly helpful.

Well... I did find that it was between Phase 1 and 2, which probably has to do with the way I got rid of the D.Default players (copying entire teams over). Gonna have to reverse that somehow. Thanks for the offer too.

Well, I'm going to refigure which teams those were. Then go into the most recent roster and clear lineups and pitching orders...restacking them.