Xbox - Updated Rosters 2012 Help

eaton

I have searched in the forums but cannot find what Im looking for, so Im going to see if anyone can help me.

Basically, I used to remember there was a way to just transfer the updated pc roster files onto xbox through FTP and have them work, since XBOX didnt receive any roster updates anymore. Well, one time I must have messed something up and the game started to freeze on me. I haven't fooled around with FTP'ing in a while so I kind of forget how i did it, and with the recent crashing I decided to reinstall the fresh copy of MVP 2005 original on my hard drive and erase my modded files. I can play the game fine as you'd imagine, but now I find myself wanting updated rosters again.

Is there anyway I can get the freshly updated 2012 rosters on my xbox without having it crash? I was reading other people asking the same thing, and some of the members were saying yiou hvae to do something with the cyberfaces on MVPEdit. I was wondering if anyone could give me guidance on what exactly I need to do, because I dont recall ever having to do this with PC rosters before. I thought before I transfered one of the files, perhaps it was models.big from the PC game, and that allowed me to transfer the .dat files without problem. But now all I have is the original xbox models.big file. Im not sure if this is even what I did to be honest, but I know I never messed around with the cyber faces..

So is there anyway I can get the newer roster updates people have made on my xbox without having to go into MVPEdit, if so how? If not, can soemone please give me some direction on how I would go about manually fixing them via MVP Edit?

Any Helps Appreciated, Thanks.

Here's an earlier thread that might put you in the right direction. It appears that in part you're going to want to take out higher numbered cyberface assignments and put in the generics (901-915) or standardize them all, including managers. I guess you could experiment with ftp'ing the models.big as well after you set the cybers how you want them, but it'll take some time. It'll take some time either way.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=46641

will standardizing them all make everyone look the same? and when you say all higher #'d cyber faces, is that higher than the generic ones eg/ anything higher than 915? or is it a different number? Thanks for the help!

Edited by eaton

No. It depends on what you assign. For a PC ID list, look at that current thread by kyleb. Attached is the guide pic for generics and skin tone (skin tone is 1-11, I believe). But, generics are the highest. Xbox didn't seem to allow certain numbered cybers and the overall number of players in the roster was somewhat smaller than the PC version. Not much, but going over will cause a crash. I think if you convert my rosters, you probably are within the Xbox number, but I'm just not sure what it is.

post-3073-0-19696200-1343795644_thumb.pn

hmm..that sounds like it could be the issue, because the rosters for each team are essentially blank when i check free agents, and when I go to check pitching rotation, batting order, etc, thats when the game freezes...when I previously played, viewing rosters was fine, but it crashed when playing an actual game launched.

Hey man, sorry I haven't responded to your PM. Here's how it pretty much works:

So the roster files that are out now are designed for the PC and all of the latest cyberfaces. A cyberface is what gives the player his "real" face. The rosters have an ID number for cyberfaces, ranging from 1-900 of current MLB players and managers. These are stored within the models.big file. If none of the guys on this site create a cyberface for that guy, he is assigned a generic face ranging from 901-915.

If you check your models.big using biggui or EAGraph, you will notice that there are gaps between c001.fsh and c900.fsh. These are the cyberface files and the gap means that that cyberface doesn't exist in your copy of the game. When you import a PC roster, it will be expecting, for example, c416.fsh to be in your models.big. But Alexi Ogando wasn't playing when MVP 2005 was made, so his face is not included. The listed cyberface in your roster that does not have a corresponding file in your models.big will cause a crash. Only players playing in 2005 will have cyberfaces in your game. So, any players not represented in your models.big will have to be changed to a generic cyberface by using MVPEdit to correct your roster set.

You CAN use the standard maker to exchange most of the faces to generics. However, it might be better to just do it manually or there will still be errors, such as a random minor leaguer showing up with Roger Clemens face. It will be quite a bit of work. Don't forget to edit the managers as well.

My best suggestion honestly is to just bear down and pick up the PC game. It's SO much better and easier to work with, plus the classic mods are amazing. I just got it a few months ago and now I think I can finally let my old XBox rest in peace.