Schedule Generator

dmcbyrd

two questions i have: 1. is there a tutorial for how to make a schedule generator( i wanna make one that can generate a 2013 schedule with the new division realignment)?

2. can you switch a team to another division in dynasty mode, like for example say i want to switch houston to the al west after the first season is that possible?

two questions i have: 1. is there a tutorial for how to make a schedule generator( i wanna make one that can generate a 2013 schedule with the new division realignment)?

No.

But there is a schedule generator by Dylan Bradbury in the download section. Search for it in the Mvp 05 area. That's the best you can do here.

2. can you switch a team to another division in dynasty mode, like for example say i want to switch houston to the al west after the first season is that possible?

That I am not sure. I don't see why not since you have not started the next season yet but there are people here who know the dynasty mode a lot better than I do so they would be more inclined to answer this. My guess would be yes.

Would be nice if Dylan would come back around. My question is somewhat similar in that despite it being easy to put Houston in the AL West (thx Homer), in the schedule randomizer, Houston is still treated as being in the NL Central and scheduled games accordingly.

Would be nice if Dylan would come back around. My question is somewhat similar in that despite it being easy to put Houston in the AL West (thx Homer), in the schedule randomizer, Houston is still treated as being in the NL Central and scheduled games accordingly.

He showed up here a few months back daflyboys. Dylan was really sick. Must be still recovering. I hope nothing but the best for him.

My guess (I've never used the schedule generator) is that it doesn't read the .dat files, but instead has the teams hard coded in their current leagues and divisions. Dylan would have to confim this.

• 4 months later...

Hey Daflyboys, sorry it took me so long to reply. Y4L and are Jim are both right...

He showed up here a few months back daflyboys. Dylan was really sick. Must be still recovering. I hope nothing but the best for him.

Y4L, thank-you very much for the support with my health. It's much appreciated. E9k9D4l.gif

My guess (I've never used the schedule generator) is that it doesn't read the .dat files, but instead has the teams hard coded in their current leagues and divisions. Dylan would have to confim this.

Jim, you're totally right. Houston is hard-coded in the NL Central in the original spreadsheet..

Along with the original schedule generator spreadsheet, I've uploaded a schedule generator with Houston in the AL West.

You can download it here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=4884

Dylan the error when I try to use the schedule generator is something like this: "the macro may not be available in this book or that have been disabled all macros"

Okeydokey, you'll need to enable macros.

1. In Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button ZA010077102.gif, and then click Excel Options.

2. Click Trust Center, click Trust Center Settings, and then click Macro Settings.

3. Click "Enable all macros (not recommended, potentially dangerous code can run)."

Hopefully, It should work then!

Dylan...we're very glad you're back. Thanks for you input and updating!

Thanks, daflyboys. I'm very glad to be back. E9k9D4l.gif

I'm also glad I could help with troubleshooting the Random Schedule Generator, as well as update it to include the Astros' move to the American League.