Mlb 2K13 Being Developed For Xbox

Hollywood70

This guys were so quiet about it that I truly doubt that will be great improvements on this 2K13...

I'd be happy just to have the MLB realignment. What a horrible year to end 2K for PC. If it wasn't for this, I think 2K12 would be playable for a while.

I don't own an xbox or playstation, never will. I think 2K is making a big mistake.

I couldn't agree more. I have bought a decent rig and don't plan on buying any consoles anytime soon. I believe that making 2k13 for PS3 is a waste of money. It's just gonna be destroyed by The Show.... Instead they could have kept the PC series going, where there really isn't that much of a choice, except for MVP thanks to you guys. Is producing a PC game really that much of a financial loss for 2k?

Just a guess here but possibly with the old deal (exclusive) 2k had with MLB they were required to make a game for all systems whereas now with it not an exclusive deal they are off the hook on that one? That said I agree they would make as much or more $$$ selling it for PC over PS3.

2K's website seems to make it preety clear that PC is not in the mix :(

http://2ksports.com/games/mlb2k13

I agree regarding PS3. Why would they pander to an audience that doesn't care about them, while ignoring their most passionate customer base? Idiots.

I agree regarding PS3. Why would they pander to an audience that doesn't care about them, while ignoring their most passionate customer base? Idiots.

Because, believe or not, some people buy this game for PS3. I have no reasonable reason why, but yea..

They should make a PC version.

Because, believe or not, some people buy this game for PS3. I have no reasonable reason why, but yea..

They should make a PC version.

I guess I've never seen the numbers. I wonder how PS3 sales stack up against PC. What kills me is that there are cost effective options. They could make a port of the Xbox version for PC available only by download. They could simply patch 2K12, fixing the issues they already said they would and including the new league format, and charge 15-20 bucks for it. Everyone would gripe, but a lot of us would buy it. Come on, 2K. Do the right thing.

I'm a big sports videogames fan. It was bad enough when EA stopped making Madden for PC (points of view, really)... We don't have hockey... Now no more baseball... Hopefully basketball & soccer keep going for a while... I know many modding websites do unthinkable things to keep games alive, but like with the Astros situation in 2k12, not everything can be solved with modding. Do companies think that people who buy a gaming computer do it just to play war games? Probably the sales indicate so. Even just a port of the Xbox 360 version would be appreciated, but I don't expect 2k to do anything about it....

by the way, here's a link I found that might be interesting: http://www.vgchartz....s=0&results=200 it doesn't show MLB 2k12's sales, but it does show how many copies of 2k11 were sold for each platform. I suppose 2k12's figures aren't that different though. Summing it up, 2k11 for Xbox 360 sold almost 3 times the copies that the PS3 version did, which sold 3 times more copies than the PC version did. If the situation is the same with 2k12, then I guess it explains everything...

by the way, here's a link I found that might be interesting: http://www.vgchartz....s=0&results=200 it doesn't show MLB 2k12's sales, but it does show how many copies of 2k11 were sold for each platform. I suppose 2k12's figures aren't that different though. Summing it up, 2k11 for Xbox 360 sold almost 3 times the copies that the PS3 version did, which sold 3 times more copies than the PC version did. If the situation is the same with 2k12, then I guess it explains everything...

On the surface this is totally understandable from a business standpoint. What is irritating is that the underlying reason that PC sales are low isn't because of demand, it's because of a horrible track record, refusal to fix bugs, and lack of ANY marketing effort whatsoever. They designed the PC version to fail, and **shock** it did. The fact that there is no effort on their part to satisfy the customer base that actually did pay for 2K12 speaks volumes about them.

Greetings Everyone,

Just read this on StrategyInformer.com, under the heading, "MLB 2K13 HQ (PC)"

Don't know if this means 2K will come through on the PC for 2013, but its the first I've see of anything having to do with the possibility of 2k coming through for PC players. FWIW.

2K Sports announces MLB 2K13, coming March 5th Surprise! 2K Sports has announced that their Major League Baseball series won't be quite discontinued after all as they confirm MLB 2K13 is pitching this March 5th for Xbox 360 and PS3. Other platforms have yet to be dated.

Take-Two kept the sports franchise from their fiscal report, but 2K Sports VP Jason Argent reached an agreement with associations to "bring back MLB 2K" for their "extremely passionate" fans.

This is actually very hopeful indeed. Yes, it may pan out to be nothing for PC but it doesn't rule us out either and that is a very good thing. A port isn't as hard to make as a solely PC version, which I think we can all agree would never happen. And despite what I read here, the game 2K12 isn't that bad. I have played a lot of ball games over the years, and this is by far the best most fun. Was there others that allowed things that I would like to see implemented.... Yes ! But all in all if you look at alternatives there is no comparison

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope they come through for us. One thing for sure, any negative feedback will turn them off, so lets stay positive about the game and show them we will play it

This is actually very hopeful indeed. Yes, it may pan out to be nothing for PC but it doesn't rule us out either and that is a very good thing. A port isn't as hard to make as a solely PC version, which I think we can all agree would never happen. And despite what I read here, the game 2K12 isn't that bad. I have played a lot of ball games over the years, and this is by far the best most fun. Was there others that allowed things that I would like to see implemented.... Yes ! But all in all if you look at alternatives there is no comparison

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope they come through for us. One thing for sure, any negative feedback will turn them off, so lets stay positive about the game and show them we will play it

I agree with you, Brainy. Unfortunately, it's such a losing battle when it comes to internet forums and people hiding behind their computers. This forum is one of the best, but 2K's forums are among the absolute worst. Someone started a thread over there to petition them to publish for PC, and naturally a bunch of *** hats posted complaining about 2k12. The anonymity of the internet is such a double edged sword. I am 100% for free speech. But, people don't seem to recognize that just because they CAN say something doesn't mean they SHOULD. Things that would get a person punched in the nose if said face to face are said on the internet without a second thought. :facepalm:

I agree with you, Brainy. Unfortunately, it's such a losing battle when it comes to internet forums and people hiding behind their computers. This forum is one of the best, but 2K's forums are among the absolute worst. Someone started a thread over there to petition them to publish for PC, and naturally a bunch of *** hats posted complaining about 2k12. The anonymity of the internet is such a double edged sword. I am 100% for free speech. But, people don't seem to recognize that just because they CAN say something doesn't mean they SHOULD. Things that would get a person punched in the nose if said face to face are said on the internet without a second thought. :facepalm:

Yea, but I don't think the things said about MLB 2K would incite a physical fight if said face to face. I see a lot of what you're describing on Youtube.