Duplicating The Cd?

chrisgooverthere

Hey fellas,

I have owned and played a legitimate copy of MVP 2005 since it first came out. I have had at least one major worry about my game: what if the CD gets scratched or damaged beyond use? I would prefer to make a copy of the game from which I can run the program and therefore avoid the risk of damaging the original.

I have tried to create an ISO of the game to no avail . . . the virtual copy is not sufficient to run the game.

So here is my question: has anyone had any luck getting away from the original CD?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

My understanding is that even though you are using the CD, it is only to initialize each session, not to run it. So I don't think your disc is in use if you did a full install (though I don't think there is any other option).

PM me for further assistance.

there's nothing wrong with doing this if you're using your legal copy. i do the same thing so that my cd doesn't get damaged and my cd drive doesn't make everything hotter. there is a thread on it somewhere already, and it works fine. all you need is Imgburn to create the image and daemon tools lite to mount the image.

there's nothing wrong with doing this if you're using your legal copy. i do the same thing so that my cd doesn't get damaged and my cd drive doesn't make everything hotter. there is a thread on it somewhere already, and it works fine. all you need is Imgburn to create the image and daemon tools lite to mount the image.

Homer that thread is right here.

Gentlemen, I thank you all very much for your help. Daemon tools lite worked perfectly, and I no longer need the physical CD in my computer to play the game . . . what a load off of my mind!

For future reference, Daemon tools works for this project, but not MagicDisc.

Again, thanks ya'll!