Just Reinstalled Mvp 2005 Out Of The Box, How Do I......

FBPro

Thanks, can I use MVP 12?

Listen to me and this is what you do.

You installed Mvp 05 right out of the box, right? And you did not install any mods yet in the game?

If yes, then download Mvp 12 and install it OVER your copy of Mvp 05. Then you will have an updated game. After that is done you download the two patches for Mvp 12 and the latest roster from daflyboys and then you are done.

• 3 weeks later...

Do I need to install all 5 'official' patches or are they contained in the Mod? And if I do need the official patches, are they incremental, meaning does #5 contain all of the fixes or do I need to install all 5?

I haven't played in years and don't remember

thanks in advance

You should install the 3rd official patch (which contains the 1st two if I recall), THEN install the MVP 12 mod, THEN the MVP 12 patches. As far as rosters, you can use what you want depending on what you're going for. There are early '13 rosters out there, but I don't know their stability. As far as installing mods where you "write over" an existing file, I tend to delete that existing file (after backing it up by naming it: <xxxxx.bak>) and then install the file I want versus overwriting.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Do I need to install all 5 'official' patches or are they contained in the Mod? And if I do need the official patches, are they incremental, meaning does #5 contain all of the fixes or do I need to install all 5?

I haven't played in years and don't remember

thanks in advance

There's a modder here named Jim825 and I have listened to him say for a long time to not even worry about the last three patches.

Okay, thanks guys! I appreciate your help

I do have one more question if any of you guys happen to know. I am running on an iMac and I am running on Windows 7 in boot camp, if I get it to work on Windows 7, which screen resolution should I use?. I am running 2560 x 1440

Like I said it has been many years and if I remember correctly it maxed out at 1024x768?

That always depends on what type of vid card and how much memory your rig has available. Just like any other game. You have to just play it and try it. There is a little app called resolution changer that I think is still available in the DL section.

There's a modder here named Jim825 and I have listened to him say for a long time to not even worry about the last three patches.

I never patched past patch #2. That was the patch that fixed some stuttering issues on the graphics. Patches #3 & #5 were just roster updates. Patch #4 was also a roster update, but in addition, they changed the internal structure of a few roster files, which is why the 2006 version of MVPEdit had to be released.