Game Crashes With New Rosters Update

mlwatters

Hello everyone!

I just loaded the lastest roster patch for MVP12, and like many others, my game crashes on April 11th. Is there a fix to this? Has anyone found a way around this. I love the update but it is impossible to use.

There is also an .mbe file attached that I wasnt sure where to put it so I threw it in with the rosters to my documents\mvp 2005 file.

Thanks for the help.

Your game seems to be crashing right around the date the minor league season starts. If your roster update does not have full minor league rosters and an ample sized free agent list, crashes happen when the minor league games are attempted and there are empty slots in thier lineups. Another reason is that the roster do not meet the minumum requirements set. If an injury occurs, the AI tries to replace that player with a player from the minor leagues, creating a void on the rosters that has to be filled by the next level down. If there are not enough players to continously fill these voids (full minor system), the game will crash because of the empty slot. Find the empty slot(s) (or team(s) that is not meeting minumum requirement), correct it, then turn injuries and suspensions OFF.

This should remedy your crashing .The .mbe file is only used for MVPEdit. There is no ingame use for it until is imported using MVPEdit.

Thanks for the reply. If that is the answer then I would rather not use the rosters. I like having injuries on because it adds realism. Having guys on the DL, playing guys off of the bench, platooning, bringing guys up from the minors etc. I like that part of the game because I am able to use the whole roster. I have had guys go down before and then sub players who came in and raked. It was a good position to be in where the regulars came back and I had players who needed starting spots but not enough to go around. Without injuries I wouldnt have had the chance to see who I have.

Hopes are for a fully functional (BaseUp! Rosters) set to go along with the probable MVP13 total conversion mod. If for some reason we don't do a TC mod, the roster set should still be released on or about opening day. If you were speaking of BaseUp! Rosters, the reason for the crashes were as oldtimey indicated. But I was clear that my emphasis was on MLB. This year it was going to be an MLB/AAA focus, until kyleb talked me into working with him on a full roster set (he's a great organizer, btw).

Having said all that, I actually think it is a bit of game programming flaw. Not all MiLB teams sport a 25 man roster. I would have thought that if an organization was tapped in terms of personnel because of suspensions/injuries, they wouldn't allow any more injuries to occur in the game, but perhaps it was an oversight. We'll never know.