Mvp12 Trips Anti-Virus, Won't Launch

rmats100

Hi, I was hoping to get some help. I recently built a new pc and had to reinstall MVP for the first time in a long time, and was excited to try MVP12. I downloaded ea patch 3, mvp12, tit, and mvp12 patches 1 and 2 from this site and installed in this order. When I try to launch the game comodo security trips and reports a threat. It thinks mvp.exe is ".Heur.suspicious@1". Even if this is a false positive the game won't launch. Upon scanning it reports there is an alleged trojan in a folder called "kraw" which appears when tit is installed. Has anyone else run into this problem? I did searches but came up empty so I would appreciate any help or insight on this issue. Thanks

The "kraw" trojan is a false positive. Since TiT does multiple file conversions, it was programmed in a way that it could look suspicious (if a program can move, rename, decompress and sort that many files so quickly, it would make sense, but it's totally clean). And the first question you ask traces back to the source of the installation. If you have the CDs and run the game with the CD in the drive, you shouldn't have the issue. If it's another source, well, we unfortunately can't help you there.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have real purchased disks and I run with disk 2 in the drive. The disks I bought in 2005 got damaged so I purchased 2 more sets on ebay last week. They appear authentic with case valid cd key and everything. It is only after running tit that the exe file trips the security software. I believe it is also a fslse positive but cannot launch even if I ignore the warning.