Best Controller For Mvp 2005

ripham23232

Hi all! I currently have mvp 2005 installed on my laptop, game runs fine and has worked well in the past with the logitech controller I have. It has the same button layout as the one on the back of the cd case for the game. The problem I am having is that the configuration doesn't function properly, and assigned buttons do things other than what they should be. For instance, the button for pitch #4 will bring up the manager options. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the controller, the game, all of that stuff and nothing seems to work. Is there a recommended controller that will work better?

Ask 5 people and you will get 5 different answers. Search the forums and you will see what I mean. I initially used a Saitek P880 controller, because I had bought it for MVP2004 and it worked great. I then switched to an XBox 360 (designed for PC) wired controller when I bought MLB2K9. I sold MLB2K9 after about a week, but kept the controller and that's the one I've been using for MVP2005.

With the Saitek, I had to make a few tweaks to get the sliding to work properly: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=38841

With the XBox 360 controller, there was a bit more tweaking involved with getting the right configuration: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=15434

The thing I like about the Saitek (P880 or P2500, the latter if you need rumble), is that it has 6 buttons on the face and only 2 (flat) triggers). This way, for my right hand, I can control the button commands like I'm typing versus just using your thumb. I think I can respond faster that way in game. Plus the analog sticks aren't too tight or too loose.

4731.jpg