Cpu Vs Cpu Sliders

chiprjns

Trying to help any of those who may be playing in the 'GM Mode" but watching games rather than playing them. Or in other words CPU vs CPU. I don't take credit for the sliders, it was Stecroppers baby, I just did some testing.

Seems like I spent weeks trying to find some that would work, and Stecropper provided the direction.

I've attached a zip with the options file for MVP. It contains the sliders. However you will need to use the Kumala Final datafile, which is available under MVP 05 Downloads.

But as I would want to see, is the results. I ran every single game for about a 12 day schedule. I used the Ty Wiggins editor to switch teams. But I did successfully run every single game for those 12 days. It amounted to just over 140 games. I used the 2010 rosters incorporated into MVP 08.

(CAT) / (MVP AVG) / (MLB 2010 AVG) / (DIFFERENCE)

Games Played: 144

At Bats: (34.7) / (34.0) / (+0.7)

Runs: (4.6) / (4.4) / (+0.2)

Hits: (8.9) / (8.8 / (+0.1)

Doubles: (1.6) / (1.8 / (-0.2)

Triples: (0.2) / (0.2) / (0.0)

Home runs (1.1) / (1.0) / (+0.1)

Runs Batted In (4.5) / (4.2) / (+0.3)

Walks: (3.9) / (3.3) / (+0.6)

Intentional Walks: (0.2) / (0.3) / (-0.1)

Strikeouts: (5.7) / (7.0) / (-1.3)

Stolen Bases: (0.5) / (0.6) / (-0.1)

Caught Stealing (0.3) / (0.2) / (+0.1)

Sac Flies: (0.3) / (0.3) / (0.0)

Sac Hits: (0.2) / (0.3) / (-0.1)

Errors: (0.4) / (0.6) / (-0.2)

Batting Average: (.257) / (.259) / (-.002)

Two things stick out a little: Walks and Strikeouts. Walks are a tad high and strikeouts are lower than I'd wish. But everything else rounded out pretty well. So I'm pretty happy with the results of the test. But if somebody has some recommendations, I'd would definately listen.

Hoping this saves some possible CPU vs CPU users some time.

Best,

Chris

MVPOptions_Options.zip

Those are some amazing comparisons. I hear you about the walks. I was running into this problem myself when I attempted it. I guess about the only thing you can do is set cpu ball rate lower and cpu swing freq. rate a bit higher. Thankfully the game responds to small slider movements.

Those are some amazing comparisons. I hear you about the walks. I was running into this problem myself when I attempted it. I guess about the only thing you can do is set cpu ball rate lower and cpu swing freq. rate a bit higher. Thankfully the game responds to small slider movements.

Does setting the ball rate lower effect anything else? I'm thinking the swing freq may be a better choice. Will bump it up and see the what happens with the results.