Re-Obtaining Mvp 2005

Red14

So I've had MVP 2005 since it came out, a copy for PC and a copy for the Nintendo GC. I got a new (to me) computer, found the old game for the PC and it looks like Freddy and Jason had a deathmatch on the discs. Disc one doesn't work at all and God knows if disc two does. I really don't have $100 to drop on the game, so is it lawful to get a hacked copy since I do own the game? If not is there a way i can move the game from the old computer or even from the Gamecube disc onto my current one?

You own a single copy of the game. That doesn't mean that you can go out and get another version without paying for it. It's no different than anything else you own.

You would have to read the Terms of Service and the End user license agreement. Most of the time, you don't actually "own" the game. It is viewed as "indefinitley renting". Most of the time though, it'll be illegal.

It's a shame the Xbox version doesn't get a little more credit. True widescreen 720p and largely moddable with a modded Xbox and FTP files right into it. I really liked it as an option at the time.

You own a single copy of the game. That doesn't mean that you can go out and get another version without paying for it. It's no different than anything else you own.

Wait! Does that mean I can't go into Best Buy tonight and grab me a new laptop? I mean I already own one at home so I should be able to. :unknw:

don't be so hard on him guys :) red, as they said you need to get it legally. however, the PC version of the game is portable. if you copy the install folder over to the new computer, it should work just fine.

Red..... sometimes guys on this site will post to unload a used good version cheaper than you'll find on the 'net. GL.

Maybe so. This does happen on occasion.

However, I did a quick check on eBay and found this one that has a few days left on it and this one. I like the option for #2 better because you get to buy it right now if you want since the other one has four days to go on it.

Then of course there is always someone who demands this price and when no one buys it he wonders why.

don't be so hard on him guys :) red, as they said you need to get it legally. however, the PC version of the game is portable. if you copy the install folder over to the new computer, it should work just fine.

Okay so I did this but i still need to insert disc one, my disc one is broke, is it possible to copy the necessary files onto a CD-R and make that a "disc 1" or should I just say the heck with it and spend the money for a new copy?

Edited by Red14

Okay so I did this but i still need to insert disc one, my disc one is broke, is it possible to copy the necessary files onto a CD-R and make that a "disc 1" or should I just say the heck with it and spend the money for a new copy?

If your first disc is broke there is no way you are going to be able to copy all the files to a CD-R to make it your new disc one. All the files on that original CD are necessary for the installation. If not they would have never put them on there in the first place.

i don't understand. you said it worked but now need disc 1? if you need disc 1, you'll need to get a new one. but if you had a previous install of mvp and copied it over to a new computer, all you need is disc 2 to play it. disc 1 is only used to install the game.

in which case you'll need a new disc. when you get them, back them up into image files. there's a few tutorials that show you how to do it on this site so that you don't accidentally damage them in the future.