Creating All-Star Team Rosters

dennisjames71

Hey guys,

So I really should know the answer to this question but it's been awhile since I made these for my Negro League Mod and TC 1915; but it's in regards to "making" the roster for All-Star Teams. I was looking to put together this year's All-Star team rosters in MVP edit...Is the process for making these teams:

(1) Export each player on the roster (from their regular team...e.g. Mike Trout from the Angels).

(2) Re-import those exported players back into the All-Star Team rosters in MVPEdit.

Am I off-base (pun intended) on this or is their an easier way? Sorry, I just cannot remember how I did these before.

Thanks,

Dennis

if you do it this way, you're creating a duplicate player for each person. if this is for the 2013 mod, this is going to be trouble because that roster is already near its limit on players. adding 50 players might send it overboard. only way to truly edit all star teams without duplicating players is to use notepad and edit the dat files. you have to find each all star team's and player's id number in the team and attrib dat files respectively, and edit the roster.dat file to the correct lineups.

if you do it this way, you're creating a duplicate player for each person. if this is for the 2013 mod, this is going to be trouble because that roster is already near its limit on players. adding 50 players might send it overboard. only way to truly edit all star teams without duplicating players is to use notepad and edit the dat files. you have to find each all star team's and player's id number in the team and attrib dat files respectively, and edit the roster.dat file to the correct lineups.

Ahh, thanks Homer...that makes a lot of sense. I guess I didn't have to worry about the player limit when I did these teams for the Negro League mod since I cleared many of the free agents out of there. I'll see about editing the roster.DAT file as you suggested.

Thank you again,

Dennis

here's the key for the roster dat file:

Roster Dat

0 roster_teamid,

1 roster_playerid,

2 rh_roster_al_position,

3 rh_roster_al_battingorder,

4 rh_roster_nl_position,

5 rh_roster_nl_battingorder,

6 lh_roster_al_position,

7 lh_roster_al_battingorder,

8 lh_roster_nl_position,

9 lh_roster_nl_battingorder,;

this should make it easier to read.

@Homer: Thank you for taking the time to list that key for me. This game amazes me that I am still learning new things about after all these years.

@daflyboys: Thank you for the update...I figured that the great klyle had made the updated All-Star rosters and if I fail with playing around with forming these rosters as practice...then I'll definitely use the MVP 13 rosters instead. :good: