May I Please Have Some Faces?

palooka1

Dear Geniuses: Could someone do a few faces for me? The names are: Doug Fister of the Tigers, Yan Gomes of the Indians and Drew Stubbs of the Indians. I would surely appreciate it and please know that I love everything you guys do for our MVP game. :clapping:

yep i've definitely done a fister. he's in my last facepack as well as the 2013 mod. stubbs is in there too. pretty sure it was jed. i don't remember gomes though.

Thanks guys.....I found Fister and Stubbs. Could anyone mod me up a Jan Gomes Face? Also, can DaFlyboyz come up with a new roster that eliminates the cheating bastards that got suspended. A Rod Too? Thanks a bunch.

Also, can DaFlyboyz come up with a new roster that eliminates the cheating bastards that got suspended. A Rod Too? Thanks a bunch.

If you would bother to read this thread here you will see that he is coming out with the next roster later this month or early September. Give him his time to do what he does best.

Yes Palooka, I started on tweaking major relief pitchers' pitch types and speeds. I' ll adjust control for ALL prominent pitchers, probably based on WHIP. and I'll be adjusting prominent players' contact and power incorporating this year's avg. and slg. %.

Would somebody be willing to do some cyberfaces for the TC1971 that I'm working on? I have photographs that might help you...I just need to know if somebody would be interested in doing them.

Thank you!

BRobby05

Homer,

There are portraits that I'll be using for the TC1971 that are under "Portraits" under downloads here. Just let me know what EXACTLY you're looking for. I have quite a few of pics on my PC but until I know what you need to do the faces, I'm not wasting the effort to upload them here. I'm REALLY trying to concentrate on finishing the tweaking right now. I'll be very happy to pm you some samples after you describe what you are looking for. Maybe I won't have anything to be useful either. I don't want to waste your time either.

I still need precise answers to these questions yet to help mop up the loose ends:

How and where can I remove the MLB symbols on the back of the baseball caps?

How can I make the Expos cap look proper as the authentic one? (See my post under mod questions.)

If and how I can have Kuiper and Krukow say the correct names of the stadiums and teams?

I still have the following to do yet:

1. Fix my Phillies unis a little bit better with the shoulder stripes, etc.

2. Fix ages and other personal data of few of the teams yet.

3. Double check the labels for the teams and stadiums in the game and then fix the "LOC's" if needed.

4. Get permission from stadium fellas.

5. See if I can do any of the audio names for the players.

6. Do a cyberface catalog for myself to see if any of the faces look like the portraits.

7. Do detailed checking for other cyberfaces in other TC's.

8. Check to see if every player has stats that come up in the MVPedit.

9. Do the rest of the screens (loading, splash, etc.)

Jim, I've been doing some casual browsing in some of the other TC's for faces.

That's about where I'm at.

BRobby05

Homer,

There are portraits that I'll be using for the TC1971 that are under "Portraits" under downloads here. Just let me know what EXACTLY you're looking for. I have quite a few of pics on my PC but until I know what you need to do the faces, I'm not wasting the effort to upload them here. I'm REALLY trying to concentrate on finishing the tweaking right now. I'll be very happy to pm you some samples after you describe what you are looking for. Maybe I won't have anything to be useful either. I don't want to waste your time either.

i'm not saying i have time to do anything, but if i find time, it's best to have them up to see what there is. if i can do them, i will. but if i don't, other modders who see them might be able to. it's just best to post them out here for everyone to see. the hard part with classic players is that there aren't many good photos available for cyberfaces. most of the ones that are good, aren't available to the general public or aren't shared by the owners. the photos you need to make a decent cyberface needs to have these qualities:

1. person needs to be looking straight towards you with his face. eyes don't matter as much but the face should be towards you.

2. high quality. i can't stress this enough. the higher the quality the better. this doesn't just mean size of the image. you can take a small image and increase the size but it gets pixelated. the images we make cyberfaces on end up being 256x512 pixels. so the image you provide needs to be a lot larger than that with high resolution if you want decent details. i've learned techniques to add in qualities, but i'm no master at them and it adds hours to each cyberface, often making it not worth the effort. i've only created a few faces in my time from complete scratch and those have taken me weeks.

3. color over black and white. anytime you start using black and white, it makes it much more complicated.

4. good lighting. any time you have bad lighting such as too much glare or too many shadows, it really makes it difficult too.

those are the basics. if it's missing any of those items, it makes things a lot harder.

I have quite a few of pics on my PC but until I know what you need to do the faces, I'm not wasting the effort to upload them here.

What do you mean? There's no effort in doing this. You say you have them on your PC, so just go to imageshack and upload them and that site will host your photo and you just post the link here and then we'll see it. Takes literally a few seconds to do this.

Homer,

Here are some samples:

Does the Andy Messersmith have enough light?

Is Campy, Stoneman or Williams at the right angle?

Are either the Grich or Robertson sharp enough?

I have others but this will give me a better "hands on" idea of what you're looking at.

Thanks a million!!!

BRobby05

post-105626-0-09396300-1376441289_thumb.

post-105626-0-47109300-1376441290_thumb.

post-105626-0-39494800-1376441291.jpg

post-105626-0-23325700-1376441292.jpg

post-105626-0-91416700-1376441294_thumb.

post-105626-0-31772800-1376441296_thumb.

Y4L,

I don't know anything about imageshack. You'll have to give me a little clue about that. What do you need to do with the images before uploading them to the imageshack?

Thanks,

BRobby05

Y4L,

I don't know anything about imageshack. You'll have to give me a little clue about that. What do you need to do with the images before uploading them to the imageshack?

Thanks,

BRobby05

You don't have to do hardly anything. Here is the link for Imageshack.

When you are on the site you upload an image that is on your computer and it does the work for you. It will generate a link for you and that is it.

Hey Fellas,

Here are some more: If these particular pics don't work exactly, I might have others in a different year. I love what somebody did when they made the different looks for the same guy.

Thanks,

BRobby05

post-105626-0-17309000-1376485280_thumb.

post-105626-0-67502500-1376485280.jpg

post-105626-0-11182400-1376485281_thumb.

post-105626-0-37192200-1376485283_thumb.

post-105626-0-84951500-1376485283_thumb.

post-105626-0-66367200-1376485284_thumb.

only a few of those photos are at a decent angle. ones with huge smiles won't work well either. regardless all of them are too small. you need large high res photos to make a decent cyberface.