Getting Mvp 13 To Access Tywiggins Tool Fix

Gordo

Hey guys... I opened the .exe file in MVP 13 (essentially the same one that is in MVP 08) and you can see where the EAmods sub-folder (the one in the my documents area) was embedded. Problem is when you change it back to the MVP Baseball 2005 subfolder name, it doesn't save properly....probably doesn't compress.

So I simply swapped out the .exe file from MVP 12 (and probably can do so from the original MVP 2005 install) and it worked just fine.

Too easy.

Well...I don't have the greatest working knowledge of it, but my understanding was you can try to look at what's in an .exe file either by changing it to some sort of zip extension (that didn't work in this case) or via WordPad. WordPad only showed that it was encrypted, but there were a few discernible words. So I thought to search for the EAmods folder name and it was there. But in the 2005 .exe file (thus, the MVP12 version), instead of saying EAmods it said MVP Baseball 2005. Seemed that this is what was making it talk to that EA mods subfolder. I assumed that Ty's apps were coded only to work with the MVP Baseball 05 subfolder. Fortunately these .exe files are swappable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daflybloy, I have two questions

1) With this change the Year Changer should work or it's a different problem?

2) If #1 response is Yes I suppose I need to change my seasons, rosters and profile from MyDocuments/ Eamods Mvp08 folder to MyDocuments/Mvp Baseball 2005 folder or it's not necessary?

Thanks