Local Windows User With "." In The Name

Seven7

So I have worn out the MVP 08 mod installed on my work notebook (shhh). I grabbed the MPV 13 mod in hopes of seeing how cool this new release is. Well, the issue revolves around how my company changed our AD accounts to "first.last"... When I tried to unpack the MVP 13 mod it gave me a hard time and errored out because my username has a "." in it. Has anyone ran into this issue and if so did you find a way to bypass the situation?

MVP13.7z can write content to my C:Usersfirst.lastMy DocumentsMVP folder. Then when I run explodeme, it gives me an error about having a "." in my install directory path that it is trying to unpack to.

Edited by Seven7

MVP13.7z can write content to my C:Usersfirst.lastMy DocumentsMVP folder. Then when I run explodeme, it gives me an error about having a "." in my install directory path that it is trying to unpack to.

Again I am hoping I am following this right.

Why not just create a new directory on your C drive and call it Mvp 13 and then have the explodeme.exe unpack in there?

With the MVP 13 mod, I was at the understand it needed to be done from a folder on the desktop. That is what I have been reading, anyway. The path to the desktop contains the local username, which is where the first.last issue is with the "." being part of the directory path. I could put it anywhere I wanted to after i have done what I needed to with the folder on the desktop but I cannot do an install to My Documents, nor could I run MVP 13 mod install to the desktop.

With the MVP 13 mod, I was at the understand it needed to be done from a folder on the desktop. That is what I have been reading, anyway. The path to the desktop contains the local username, which is where the first.last issue is with the "." being part of the directory path. I could put it anywhere I wanted to after i have done what I needed to with the folder on the desktop but I cannot do an install to My Documents, nor could I run MVP 13 mod install to the desktop

I did not install Mvp 13 from the desktop. It is recommended because it is the easiest way to do it.

I don't know if this will help you or confuse you more but I'll try. Make a directory on your C drive. Name it TEMP. Put the Mvp 13 mod in there. Make another directory on your C drive and name it MVP 13. When you unpack it tell it to install to C:Mvp 13.

That way you avoid installing from a folder on the desktop.

another way around is to simply remember that mvp is portable. just install the mod on a personal computer and then copy it to an external drive or jump drive. copy the contents over to whatever computer you want to use it on, insert disc and play.

another way around is to simply remember that mvp is portable. just install the mod on a personal computer and then copy it to an external drive or jump drive. copy the contents over to whatever computer you want to use it on, insert disc and play.

Homer I'm sorry. I completely neglected to let him know this. Thanks.

Seven7, this way might be easier. But at least you have some choices now.