Manager Faces

MarlinGuy

There are portraits of managers that have been there all along. Look in mvp-ids. They are in there......

Jim is someone that knows more about this game then most people in here and has been creating full season mods for years so if he says something can or can not be done in the game people listen.

There are faces for managers however. You can find them in the download section. Take a look at this one. It's a hell of a good likeness but where you going to put it? If you look closely you see that he's got Francona playing the infield. It made no sense to me and that's why even though the face looked great I didn't bother downloading this.

There are portraits of managers that have been there all along. Look in mvp-ids. They are in there......

I've had this game since it came out and have been through pretty much every file. I've never heard of a file named "mvp-ids". :pardon: Show me exactly where this file is.

If you can see manager portraits, please take a screen shot for us and post it.

Are you sure you are talking about MVP2005 and not another game???

I think there is some confusion here.

Manager portraits do exist in portrait.big in the original MVP Baseball 2005. These numbers can be accessed in manager.dat, but I have no idea where they display in-game, if they display at all.

Much more common are manager cyberfaces, which display in-game fine.

From the original post, it looks like the guy recognizes that MVP Edit has a place for manager faces but not portraits, unlike regular players.

So to wrap it up, you can edit manager IDs in manager.dat, but I don't think there is any reason to as I've never seen them displayed in-game.