Installing Mvp 13 On Windows 8 Tablet Without Cd Drive?

pgd44for3

I recently got a dell venue 8 pro windows 8 tablet which does not have a CD rom drive and was wondering if you could provide instruction on how I could install it . I own the game and would love to take the game on the road with me when I travel and if anyone could figure out how to do this, it would be you guys.

I tried copying the install I did to my windows xp machine at home to the tablet, clean install, all five patches done, i did install explodeme from the mvp directory, but seeing it runs from my home pc, i figured it would work on the tablet.It crashes right before loading a game in both season mode as well as exhibition mode.

Any ideas other than buying a usb cd rom?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

I recently got a dell venue 8 pro windows 8 tablet which does not have a CD rom drive and was wondering if you could provide instruction on how I could install it . I own the game and would love to take the game on the road with me when I travel and if anyone could figure out how to do this, it would be you guys.

I tried copying the install I did to my windows xp machine at home to the tablet, clean install, all five patches done, i did install explodeme from the mvp directory, but seeing it runs from my home pc, i figured it would work on the tablet.It crashes right before loading a game in both season mode as well as exhibition mode.

Any ideas other than buying a usb cd rom?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

The venue 8 tablet does not have the graphic power for running MVP and thats why it crashed even if you do buy a cd rom it is going to crash

I would suggest buying a entry level laptop it will get the job done

The venue 8 tablet does not have the graphic power for running MVP and thats why it crashed even if you do buy a cd rom it is going to crash

Ok, I just copied an install of total classics 8 onto the tablet and that runs fine, is there a big difference in

The graphics between the two mods?

yeah mvp 13 has better graphics than tc

What are you talking about? Mvp 13 and Total Classics are mods that are based off of the exact same game model! Where are you coming up with this stuff?

Sure, when you look at both games they look different. There's different uniforms, different stadiums, different players, different overlays, different loading screens, music, etc, etc. But graphics in one game isn't going to top the graphics in another.

Ok, I just copied an install of total classics 8 onto the tablet and that runs fine,

Let me ask you this. How did you get Total Classics 8?

What are you talking about? Mvp 13 and Total Classics are mods that are based off of the exact same game model! Where are you coming up with this stuff?

Sure, when you look at both games they look different. There's different uniforms, different stadiums, different players, different overlays, different loading screens, music, etc, etc. But graphics in one game isn't going to top the graphics in another.

Let me ask you this. How did you get Total Classics 8?

Maybe he had an install of TC Phase 8 lying around on his machine.

Dell Venue 8 Pro Specifications (base)

Manufacturer Dell

Model name Venue 8 Pro

CPU type Intel Baytrail Z3740

CPU speed 1330 Mhz

Graphics Intel HD (Gen 7, Baytrail

OS Windows 8 / 8.1

Display Size

8.0" 1280 X 800

Touch Technology

Multi-touch

RAM 2048 MB

Flash 32 GB

Battery capacity 18 (Wh)

Weight 395gm / 13.9 oz.

Size (w/h/d mm) 216/130/9.0 mm

Size (w/h/d inches) 8.5/5.1/0.4

Does this tablet have the ability to run it ?

Total Classics 8 has not been hosted on this site in years. It got replaced when TC9 was uploaded. Now TC 9 is gone because TC10 is the latest one.

TC8 works for me, have not tried any newer ones. All I

am trying to do is get 13 working. Whether or not TC8 is on the site

is not relevant.

Thanks anyway for the help. My contribution to the site

has been well worth it.

Yes you did and I thank you and everything is all set.

You're welcome, unless someone here has a solution to this issue, I plan on buying a usb cd rom and try to do a clean install directly to the tablet and see if I am able to get it to work. I will probably buy one anyway, will post my results in case anyone is interested.

Thanks and sorry for my part in the confusion.

Pete

Before you do that (and I'm not saying it is a bad idea because it isn't) try this. Install Mvp 13 on your home PC just as if you are going to be playing it on that machine. This game is small enough to be copied over onto a flash drive. See if you have a 4GB flash drive around. If not they can be purchased cheap at Staples or places like that.

Now copy the entire game on the flash drive. Then copy that onto your tablet so you can play it there. Give that a shot.

Still no luck, clean install of game , all 5 patches installed, when I run it asks for cd. I then installed daemon tools light, created an image of cd2, mounted that image , original clean install runs fine.

Extracted 13 mod to desktop , installed, game runs but crashes to desktop when beginning to play a game . Happens on exhibition as well as season. I was trying the default boston/stl teams, but also tried others as well, no luck.

I ordered an external usb drive and will do an install from that when I get it.

I was hoping for a good result, but no luck.

Will post when I have more info.

Thanks,

Pete