Mvp Compression Utility

mjeff35

Hello,

I was looking for the Mvp 2005 Compression Utility in the download section but it's no longer there. Request to know if anyone still have a copy of the Mvp 2005 Compression Utility and if so can you send me a copy of it. I have some datafiles that I would like to edit. Appreciate your support in this matter.

Hello,

I was looking for the Mvp 2005 Compression Utility in the download section but it's no longer there. Request to know if anyone still have a copy of the Mvp 2005 Compression Utility and if so can you send me a copy of it. I have some datafiles that I would like to edit. Appreciate your support in this matter.

Even if anyone had it they can't upload it because it isn't their mod. The guy that made this mod is long gone and this file also has not been hosted here in quite some time.

Ok thanks. Is there any other tool out there that can be used to edit Datafile.txt?

You can edit it as follows:

1. Unpack the file using the eazip tool: eazip -u datafile.txt

2. Once the file is unpacked, edit the file with any text editor (Notepad, etc.)

3. When you are done making your changes, repack the file using eazip: eazip -c datafile.txt

You can edit it as follows:

1. Unpack the file using the eazip tool: eazip -u datafile.txt

2. Once the file is unpacked, edit the file with any text editor (Notepad, etc.)

3. When you are done making your changes, repack the file using eazip: eazip -c datafile.txt

I learn something every day here. Is this how you made your custom datafiles Jim?

Yes it is. As a guide, I used a Datafile Layout spreadsheet that snepp (who did a lot with datafiles in MVP2004) had uploaded. The listing for his spreadsheet is on this site, but the download link no longer works. If I remember, I will see if I still have a copy of the spreadsheet and upload it. It explains what many of the lines in the datafile do.