Just Bought The Game And Don't Know Where To Start

Kurtwarnerfan

So, I have played the game on the PS2 up until last October, finishing up the 2007 season. I went through all the rosters and updated the players, added real ones, and made the rosters accurate for all 4 divisions of pro ball. It was a ball buster and I have to give a million thanks to Dylan Bradburry and his ratings calculator, without those the endeavor would be in vain.

Anyways, I have been playing a semi-continuous league since the 2004 season. I just finished up the 2007 season.

First off, I am going to build a computer from scratch to run this game. What are some quality hardware that I should consider? Can I build a comp for MVP for under $200 if I have a monitor? If I have to spend more, whats a good ballpark with the required hardware? Whats a good controller to use and where do I find those?

Second, what mod pack would you recommend since I'll be firing up the 2008 season? Any other extras I should consider downloading. I can figure out how to install them, I have a good bit of experience working with Microsoft Flight Simulator and it allows user mod's.

Anyway, I am a total novice to this game on PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully down the road with more experience, I can add a few mods of my own to this great cause.

First off, I am going to build a computer from scratch to run this game. What are some quality hardware that I should consider? Can I build a comp for MVP for under $200 if I have a monitor? If I have to spend more, whats a good ballpark with the required hardware? Whats a good controller to use and where do I find those?

Keep in mind that this game was made nine years ago. It will run on any machine these days.

Second, what mod pack would you recommend since I'll be firing up the 2008 season? Any other extras I should consider downloading. I can figure out how to install them, I have a good bit of experience working with Microsoft Flight Simulator and it allows user mod's.

The last season mod was the Mvp 13 mod. Download that. As for other mods you just have to pick and choose which ones you want because there are a lot of choices.

if you find the parts used, you could probably build one with an E8400 and something like a gtx260 that will run the game smooth. but yeah most desktops these days will run it without a problem since it's so old.

How should I go about getting a season together for the 2008 season? Is there anything in particular file-wise I should look for?

And what would you recommend for a controller?

I am totally new to this game on PC, so pardon my ignorance

I don't know what you mean by getting a season together for the 2008 season. If you have the 08 mod the 2008 schedule is included.

If you download the Mvp 13 mod you have the 2013 schedule already there.

Try a Logitech dual action controller. They work well and are not expensive.