Game Keeps Crashing

rjbelAire19

I have the original game on the 2 discs. I downloaded MVPedit and it works, but when I upload a roster (I chose 2014 Spring training) and export it to play, it crashes when I start a game.

1. Should I download the patches?

2. Is there anything I am missing?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Ok I applied the patches, and I used the roster you suggested. However, it does not show up in the game, I reffered to the FAQ and reset them, but I still don't see any changes.

Did you overwrite the files in the DATADATABASE directory?

I don't have anything else. I used MVPedit to import the roster and I applied the patches.

You don't understand. When I say what mod are you using I meant what season mod are you using? Is it the Mvp 13 mod or Mvp 12? Or is it something else? There are a lot of mods to choose from.

I started using the game today, I didn't download any mods. It is the original game. Do I need a mod to use the rosters? I am awfully new to this. I literally got the game in the mail today. I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge.

I started using the game today, I didn't download any mods. It is the original game. Do I need a mod to use the rosters? I am awfully new to this. I literally got the game in the mail today. I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge.

That's it!

If I am understanding right you are trying to play the game from a fresh right-out-of-the-box install? I understand why you are having problems.

The rosters from when the game first came out until now are completely different. Look for example on the Yankees. You'll see Randy Johnson, Mike Mussina,Gary Sheffield, etc on the roster. Now you just installed a new roster and this roster is based on the 2013 season. You have an incompatible roster and cyberface problems because of it.

If you noticed when you downloaded that roster that it was for Mvp 08, Mvp 12 or Mvp 13. Any other mods it will cause problems and that is what happened to you.

Here is what you should do and it is very easy to do.

1. Start over. Install the game again right out of the box. THEN DO NOT TOUCH IT AT ALL. I'll explain what I mean.

2. Go to this thread right here to get instructions on how to install multiple mods. When you read that thread you will learn how to install as many mods as you want and you can do it easily if you never touch your fresh copy of the game.

3. After you make a copy of your out of the box install go and download MVP 13 and then after installing that, apply patch # 2 and then install these rosters. Then you will be done.

Did you apply the patch after installing MVP 2013? If so, that is probably why you got an invalid registry error.

My advice:

1. Reinstall MVP 2005 and install up to patch 3.

2. Install the MVP 2013 mod. That mod will have the rosters for 2013. I don't know if there are any reliable rosters for 2014 yet.

Not sure about the invalid registry, but a current roster is not going to work with the models.big (cyberfaces) of 2005. Update to the MVP 13 mod and the crashing issue should be taken care of.