No longer able to play MLB2k12

SeaTrane

I bought as a digital download from Amazon when the game came out, the one and only non disc I have of Mlb2K. I did not know that 2K games had a limit on the amount of times you can install a digital downloaded game, which I have now surpassed . No amount of cajoling, bitchiness, whining, fist shaking and gnashing of teeth will move them. I am a PC gamer that does not own a console (not that there is anything wrong with being a console gamer), that is now without a baseball game to play. I can not  find any of those things that shall not be spoken of here to circumvent 2K Sports nastiness. Aside from buying a PS4 , or Paying $140 or more on Ebay for Mlb2k12, amI out of options?

1 hour ago, SeaTrane said:

I bought as a digital download from Amazon when the game came out, the one and only non disc I have of Mlb2K. I did not know that 2K games had a limit on the amount of times you can install a digital downloaded game, which I have now surpassed . No amount of cajoling, bitchiness, whining, fist shaking and gnashing of teeth will move them. I am a PC gamer that does not own a console (not that there is anything wrong with being a console gamer), that is now without a baseball game to play. I can not  find any of those things that shall not be spoken of here to circumvent 2K Sports nastiness. Aside from buying a PS4 , or Paying $140 or more on Ebay for Mlb2k12, amI out of options?

Hmm never heard of that one either... I would contact Amazon or research the shit out of it to see if there is a legit way that maybe you can reset the limit.. maybe a patch or something.. You would think since they kind of abandoned the game there should be a fix.

i went threw this too. the answer is email 2k sports, in the info include the no longer working key and tell them its not functioning, with your information and if you can proof you brought at amzon in the first place, and wait. i did get one, but it took two week to get it.

2 hours ago, mcoll86 said:

i went threw this too. the answer is email 2k sports, in the info include the no longer working key and tell them its not functioning, with your information and if you can proof you brought at amzon in the first place, and wait. i did get one, but it took two week to get it.

At least there is something I guess

9 hours ago, SeaTrane said:

I did not know that 2K games had a limit on the amount of times you can install a digital downloaded game, which I have now surpassed . 

Wow, I'm sorry that happened. Just wondering, what's the limit?

Five sounds about right., now I have a different problem. Since The last time I tried loading the game I upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 7 and now get "An error occurred installing the package. Windows installer returned '1639'. when trying to install the game". So now I can not even install the game to try a couple of the things that were sent  in PM, which I thank you guys for sending btw. The baseball gods are against me so I guess I will sit out this season.

Greetings Sea Trane. So sorry you had this happen to you. I have no idea if MLB2K12 is compatible with Windows 10, but I did see two "Used, Like New" PC copiies on Amazon.  Both are under $50. We all know that the going price for a brand new PC is game is approximately $60 these days, so you may want to consider purchasing the used copy for a game that has been MADE brand new by our truly outstanding band of modders. Somthing to consider. Hope it all comes together for you.

1 hour ago, SeaTrane said:

For those that own the hard copy of the game there is no such restrictions on the number of installs, correct?

I do own the cd for the game, but I never had to reinstall it, so far, not even when I switched to an SSD a few weeks ago, so I cannot really help there. But I doubt there are limitations, honestly. If I were you, I would still go after one of these hard copies. I might go after one myself, to keep as a backup. You never know...

I ordered it on Amazon for $53 total, contacted the seller that said I could return it, free shipping for a full refund if it did not work ....For any reason. Now to start downloading all the mods again because I got pissed and deleted everything. Thanks for all the replies, will keep you informed when I am back in the game.

there no key issues with cd copy. it runs fine with 10. ifif you haveissues running then try the differnt compatiblites moe. you might need admin to to run. i dont think i had to to do any of that, but that might resolve your issue

4 hours ago, SeaTrane said:

Thanks, I did not see those. Hopefully the Keys are still good. For those that own the hard copy of the game there is no such restrictions on the number of installs, correct?

I own hard copy.  I think securom limits it to 5 installs but I'm not 100% sure.

Got the game in the mail today, tried regular install and it stuck at "updating component registration". I copied it from the DVD to a usb drive and it installed from that just fine, i have all the mods installed and I am playing MLB2K12 as we speak. Just waiting for the opening day rosters and im off on another season. Thanks again to all the modders hard work to keep us in the game.

cogradgats. yea there something about win 10 not install directly the game. i i gad put the cabs ininot a folder on my desktop then proceed to install it from there. i dont why. it did it directly before. im guessinging one of there updates did something to change the install the game install doenst like directly to install.

both my 2k games i had to to that.