Top Propects/Star Power?

Cris987

Why is it that some players who are tagged as "top prospects" in the default roster have "average" star power? While some other minor leaguers who are not tagged as "top prospects" sometimes have "lots" of star power.

This also leads me to the question - what does top prospect mean in the game?

I am guessing that while a top prospect may not be great now, he will progress much quicker than a lesser prospect who currently might have better stats. In some cases, a two-star player may never be any better than he is now while a 5-star prospect may be lousy now but a star in 3 years.

I am guessing that while a top prospect may not be great now, he will progress much quicker than a lesser prospect who currently might have better stats. In some cases, a two-star player may never be any better than he is now while a 5-star prospect may be lousy now but a star in 3 years.

That makes sense I guess, but my guess was that top prospect is just a tag in the game for the user to figure out which fake player was who.

Can RGlass help here?

Top Prospect is just a tag for some guys that BaseballAmerica helped put in the game. They are supposedly the top 100 prospects, but in reality they are just 100 of the better prospects in the league. The reason that there are other fake guys in the league who had better star power is because they couldnt just give you 2-3 good guys in each minor league system and have everyone else be crappy.

Archived