Help - 2004 cyberfaces in 2005

Playball335

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to successfully import 2004 cybers into 2005. I imported them using the same method as I did last year (fshed and bigGui), but this year this is what happens. What is really strange is from a distance on the playing field he looks normal, but as soon as you zoom in his face turns all red and white and black (as you move around him). I have done some testing and the only combo that worked was using my bmp file with the ord and orl files pulled from the 2005 models.big file.

I even tried compressing them with eazip and importing with eagraph, but this causes a complete crash when viewing the player.

I don't want to have to create all my cybers again if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cyber1.jpg

I know there is an option in mvpedit that says "04 face" and the options are yes and no, so maybe if you set this option to true on the player that your trying to import the face to it will work.

Note that the new faces, if in the 2004 style or 2005 style, are now 128 pixels wide by 256 pixels tall. The 2004 face files were 128x128 pixels.

thanks for the info, that will save me headaches trying to figure it all out again.

Ok, just did some more testing. If I extract a set of ord and orl's from the 2005 big file and use them with my fsh it works, although the player obviously doesn't look quite right with the wrong ord/orl's.

This time I used Oedit to "edit" the ones pulled from 2005 and when imported back into the game, bam, crash to desktop when viewing that player. Anytime I try using Oedit to edit the newer o files I crash. When using last years I get strange results.

Can't seem to find a work around. Has anyone else tried messing with cybers yet? If so maybe I could e-mail my set from last year and you could give them a try?

Any takers? :-)

Just throwing this out as I do not have the game yet.

In FishEd you can change the properties in the scroll down. The 2004 properties were 78|120|R5G6B5. From the defunct NHL tutorial, this had to do with image quality. Maybe the .fsh are now another one in the scroll down. The fsh file size from 2004 was 32.9 kb. Is it the same for 2005? I changed (update in FishED) a fsh file from the 78|etc.. to others in the scroll down list and these did not change the file size. In FishEd according the the dead cyberface website, the last selection 7Fh | 127 | R8G8B8 apparently has the highest image quality with smallest file size.

Did EA change the 2004 bmp size from 128 x 128 to 128X256? You can see the file size in Fished.

To get the game this maybe Friday and will start to look into this if not sovled by then.

Tony: Worked a bit on Pete Rose. Toughest part is to make his long hair like someone did for Johnny Damon.

After all my testing the difference appears to be in the ord and orl's as if I use ones from the 2005 game I don't get that "devil" look, but obviously the face doesn't match properly. Im starting to wonder if something wasn't added to the ord/orl's. Maybe something to tell the game which format to use 2004/2005.

• 2 weeks later...

Further messing with this and I discovered that I can move 2004 faces into 2005 and if I turn down the Player Detail Level to Low or Medium in the game the 2004 faces look just as they did in 2004. However, then the 2005 face types look very strange - that is when their eyes look like they are on Crack.

Archived