MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Mets broadcast team is the epitome of what a broadcast team should be.  If you ever have a chance to listen to them, I highly recommend it.

I'd listen to the Phillies broadcast team, but I'm tired of hearing how much crap they can eat to get even fatter (or how Kruk can get more drunk).

Congrats to Aaron Nola.  Tied Tom Seaver's MLB record of 10 K's in a row.  Got beat on his bid for 11 K's with a real good pitch.  Great feat nonetheless.  Even the 8 K's to set the Phils franchise record was tremendous in and of itself considering the history of pitchers they've had.

59 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Maybe Yankees should only play vs teams with a bad BP since it's then they have comeback wins.  Pathetic team.  

You must be a blast at parties.

51 minutes ago, Gordo said:

You must be a blast at parties.

You too.

People give this guy crap because he has no faith in the current edition of his favorite team and if you think about it is he wrong? This is a Yankee team that only Yankee haters love to see. They don't play up to their potential, a lot of them are overrated and over hyped, they don't hit and when they do they don't hit in the clutch, they can't run around the bases without looking like fools and they have a catcher who is down right terrible but right now is excused for that because he is hitting a little right now.

Yes, he quits on them early. Maybe because he has no patience left. Maybe because he's seen this song and dance too many times so why put himself through it again? Maybe. I don't know for sure because I never asked him.

In my case I hate this team. From Judge all the way down. The son of a *&$@! has one good game and everything is right in the world and everyone is happy. F*** him. Tonight he goes 0 for 4 but at least he didn't strike out. I guess you got to consider that a good game for him. No one hits. Frazier is doing nothing. What's his excuse now, too much playing time? I want this team to win as much if not more than any Yankee fan around but I am tired of seeing the same crap every day and hearing Boone's same excuses.

So Aaron Nola, ties a ~50 y.o. consecutive strike out record, drives in the game's only run against a division leading opponent and Girardi decides he's gonna put his trust in a shaky set up guy who can't find the strike zone consistently, fields like a little leaguer who's mom got him on the team, to handle 6 outs, let alone 3.  What the fuck did he expect to happen?

Rather lose by 17 runs than lose that way.

56 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Eovaldi will be on his game tonight.

Big men Judge GIDP and Stanton K's.

Real pathetic team is. Smell worse than NYC garbage.

Then why keep following them?  Is it just so you have something to post here? :unknw:

It's baseball season, I follow the Yankees even though they are pathetic. 

@Jim825 Why do u follow them?? U know as well as I do they will bomb this season unless the management makes moves.

@stealth2920 yes, I'm here and the Yankees are losing early, as usual because they are 'oh hum so predictable'.

Montgomery getting hammered. Glad I turned down the chance to see the game with my brothers.

Edited by Ritchie

My question is why do all of you keep feeding into this constant pessimistic commentary about the Yankees.  Did you think that just because the "discussion" moved to this thread from the chat box it was going to change?  Just ignore it and move on ..... or should I just talk about how much the Phillies suck constantly?

Outside of Ohtani and Alonso participating in the Derby this season, who else will join? I think MLB sent out a request to Mancini and the Orioles aren't going to keep him from going

1 hour ago, Ritchie said:

It's baseball season, I follow the Yankees even though they are pathetic. 

@Jim825 Why do u follow them?? U know as well as I do they will bomb this season unless the management makes moves.

I follow them for the same reason you say you do.  It is baseball season and they are my team, through good times and bad.  I am happy when they win and disappointed when they lose, yet I don't complain or whine about it.

As a fan, I don't give up on my team when they fall behind in the first inning or two and I like to think that there's always a chance they will come back.  I guess you wouldn't know what that's like.

2 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

@stealth2920 just as easy to see them lose on fox tv.

4 to 0 8th inning and like I said Eovaldi on his game so no comeback. Pathetic team.

I thought you stopped watching the team lose all the time and canceled your MLB.TV subscription in your anger? 😂

7 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

You turned down a chance to see a baseball game at Fenway?  Most real baseball fans would have traded their wives for those tickets.

So what? You get better seats at home and you don't have a loudmouth Sox fan (s) screaming at you that the "Yankees suck" for nine innings. That happened to me when I was at Fenway Park.

8 hours ago, Gordo said:

My question is why do all of you keep feeding into this constant pessimistic commentary about the Yankees.  Did you think that just because the "discussion" moved to this thread from the chat box it was going to change?  Just ignore it and move on ..... or should I just talk about how much the Phillies suck constantly?

I get it. Now there shouldn't be Yankee talk in here?

Your team is going to win.  Your team is going to lose.  That's just sports.  At the end of the season, there's one winner and everyone else is second place.  Always has been.  Always will be.

Now, in the meantime ... let's get rid of this fucking awful "tradition", especially when you're losing.....

the-origin-story-behind-the-phillies-straw-hat-home-run-celebration-2.thumb.jpg.1781ce6c3275480c5f570352ae7590a1.jpg

@stealth2920  hey, I apologize for complaining but what is good about this team?  you tell me, you tell Yankee4Life, what is good about this team?  - same thing every game.  can't hit in the clutch, as Stanton, Sanchez GIDP, as big man Judge K's to end last night's game, games they get 3 walks to load the bases they cannot even score 1 run, they cannot run the bases - they look like a LL team, they keep saying there is still a long season left - well it's getting shorter each day, Boone making same excuses every game they lose, etc., etc.  big losses they have vs their east opponents. 

@Jim825  you're a liar if you do not feel the way Yankee4Life and I do how this team is playing.

read the NY POST game comments.  there are others who think the same about these bunch of losers.

@Gordo  I know teams are going to win, going to lose. I played organized baseball but this team, as I have said, is pathetic for the bunch of talent they have.

and below is the franchise of the New York Yankees!!!  laughable..

image.png.4c726bbb948eb64d64c219fd41000cb4.png

Edited by Ritchie

@Yankee4Life I would welcome Yankee talk. All we ever get is Yankee complaining about the “pathetic, lazy, overpaid SOBs”.  Judge isn’t going anywhere. He’s the face of the franchise. You and Ritchie should get over it and move on. 

@Ritchie I’m a liar?? When did I say I was happy with how the Yankees season has been going. I realize it’s not all unicorns and rainbows for them. Sure I am disappointed and want to see them improve the roster but I’m not going to come on here night after night and whine about them being “pathetic” when they lose and then say nothing when they win. 

Baseball is supposed to be entertainment, and whether the Yankees win or lose, it doesn’t affect me personally. Why should I let it get to me?  Plus, I tend to be a “glass half full” type of person, so I’m always hopeful. Call me naive, but I’d rather look at things that way rather than being a “glass 3/4 empty” person like you seem to be.

52 minutes ago, Gordo said:

God, this thread is quickly becoming forgettable and one to avoid, fast.

You’re right. I’m talking to a wall, so my future comments will be actual game commentary. 

Maybe I’ll setup a “Yankee Gripes & Complaints” thread.  That will reduce the traffic in this thread quite a bit . . . ^_^