Ugly Player Faces

jogar84

I fixed my low-detail problem with that free 3D Analyze program but still alot of the players look wrong. A-Rod looks dead-on, but Gary Sheffield I only recognize when he's wiggling his bat. Last year I thought Sheffield looked okay. Also on the classic old-time players, Babe Ruth looks less like himself this year and Lou Gehrig has pimples and a blotchy face. Reggie Jackson looks slightly more like Reggie this year than last but still doesn't wear his sunglasses which he wore both when hitting and fielding when he played. Phil Rizzuto still just looks like a generic face. There isn't even a Whitey Ford this year, sadly. Mickey Mantle looks good though, he's fun to play with. I'm glad they tried to give Damon long hair, I'm not sure why that's such a problem and looks wrong though. The Sims 2 uses long hair characters and it's also made by EA, they should ask that department of the company how to do long haired people.

peter...how did you fix it with that 3d app?does it allow you to raise the player detail? and what card do you have. is there any hope for a raedon 7200?

"peter...how did you fix it with that 3d app?does it allow you to raise the player detail? and what card do you have. is there any hope for a raedon 7200?"

I'm going to sound stupid but I don't even know my card because the guy at the computer shop installed one when I wasn't looking and I found out later. My ATI had shorted out, this is some other ATI. Anyway I followed the link on the thread about this to the page with version 3D Analyze 2.0, not the later versions. I installed it, turned it on, chose the exe file for mlb2005 from the middle button on the left, then hit run and it turns on the game by itself and solves the graphic issues EXCEPT if helmet reflections is turned on, you can see inside the players (and learn what hollow men they must really be). It's supposed to work with all brands. What it does is have the computer do the work that your video card WOULD do if it could. The guy who made the program and gives it away thinks video cards are a scam because the computer can already do what they want you to pay $300 for a card to do.

peter...how did you fix it with that 3d app?does it allow you to raise the player detail? and what card do you have. is there any hope for a raedon 7200?

Ouch..i think their recommendation were 7500 and higher..I used to have Radeon VE but got rid of it and got Radeon 9600 SE, works beautiful now *grin*

i have found from simcentral http://forums.simcentral.net/showthread.php?t=53643

it appears to fix the issue, i'm just not sure how it works and if it overclocks (which is not recommended if you know know what your doing) but it does work! i think this was also posted on here but in low details ( bad joke)

my card might be outdated(2004 and all other 2005 games were fine)

it seems that some cards that are recommended don't play right either

***i didn't see your newer post, i have to give it a try, i think all you needs is more then 32 meg card

I agree even on high res Johnny Damon looks horrible, Even on high res. His head is way too big and his hair seems to be lit from the back of his neck for some reason. Maybe Rolie could do something like he did last year to fix the problem. :wink: Sheff looks pretty bad too. Manny's face definitely has too many pock marks not to mention wtf with the batting stance? (but i guess that's a different thread all together. ) And for some wierd reason Bill Mueller looks like Russell Crow!!

that little 3d app works like a charm, anyone know is it possible to use last years johnny damon cyber face? i still have it on my HD i think the hair even looked better fom last year. did you see johnny damon on low details? looks like he was just unfrozen from ice

Archived