Classic Fenway Park -- um, what?

fuzzone

man, this park looks like trash.lol

it's the only park i unlocked so far, but it looks so crappy even with the cooperstown effect off. Why the hell is it so colorless and so blahhh..

EA totally fanned on this one! Complete garbage. I'd have to look it up but don't think Fenway even existed in 1905. Why oh why didn't they do the beautiful period Fenway of the Ted Williams years - around 1946 or so. I don't even want to start on why they didn't do an old time Yankee - they already had a lot of the pieces in place (just like they did for Fenway).

I really like a lot about this game, but some of the decisions EA made when releasing it are mind-boggling :?

Well, actually, Fenway DID look completely different when it was first made. There WERE seats in front of the thing we now know as the "green monster", and there were alot of other differences. But then there was a fire, so it was practically rebuilt.....

Well, actually, Fenway DID look completely different when it was first made. There WERE seats in front of the thing we now know as the "green monster", and there were alot of other differences. But then there was a fire, so it was practically rebuilt

I know the original Fenway was totally different than now. No green monster and many, many other differences. I still much rather would have seen Fenway from about 50 years ago or so. Big ads on the monster, the great scorebard on top of the right field stands, etc. etc. EA's Fenway is just.. ugly

wasnt there a hill instead of the green monster....i think they added the green monster....i dont think it was built with the park originaly.

I'll have to do some research...

UPDATE: I'm doing research now, and I'm starting mroe and more to agree with you guys that this isn't what the real fenway looked like in the 1910s and 1920s. I'm thinking it's a bizarre hybrid of various stages of Fenway's development.

Of course, YOU DO have to admit that the people at EA had little to work with, I don't think there are many pictures that capture a good portion of Fenway during that time period.

Okay then, so the first form of the Green Monster (well... I don't think it was green back then but..), WAS there when Fenway opened.

However, seating-wise, even if there were no seats in front of the monster back then, it was common for Baseball teams to make improvised seating and such in stadiums. So we COULD say that the attendance was really large every time we play in classic fenway, large enough so that temporary bleachers/standing areas were built in front of the wall...

Archived