Help - Datafile Modding (pitch meter speed)

Playball335

Can anyone tell me where I can find the modifier to adjust the pitch meter speed? I have been playing since release on the pc and rarely walk batters. I just tried playing my son's PS2 version and the meter itself is much quicker! I walked 2 in 1 1/2 innings with Schilling. The speed of the meter made it hard to get inside the orange let alone the green, much more realistic in my opinion.

I really would like to try and increase the meter speed if someone would be kind enough to tell me how.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the modifier to adjust the pitch meter speed? I have been playing since release on the pc and rarely walk batters. I just tried playing my son's PS2 version and the meter itself is much quicker! I walked 2 in 1 1/2 innings with Schilling. The speed of the meter made it hard to get inside the orange let alone the green, much more realistic in my opinion.

I really would like to try and increase the meter speed if someone would be kind enough to tell me how.

Thanks.

I wasn't able to find that variable...it appears as though it's tied to the pitchers animation...trying to reproduce the mechanics of the pitch as far as the windup, pitch and release...

Have you tried my modded datafile? It doesn't speed up the meter, but it makes the accuracy zone 1/2 the size it is normally, smaller if you adjust User Pitch Meter Difficulty down to -35 or -50....You'll walk a few with it, guaranteed :)

Spitoon,

I did try your mod. It shrunk the green very much if I remember. My problem with the mod was it seemed like I was leaving too many pitches over the plate and getting hammered. With the meter sped up in the PS2 It was a challenge to just get the meter in the orange/green, and when this happens balls are definitely heading outside the strikezone. :lol:

Thanks for your reply.

Spitoon,

I did try your mod. It shrunk the green very much if I remember. My problem with the mod was it seemed like I was leaving too many pitches over the plate and getting hammered. With the meter sped up in the PS2 It was a challenge to just get the meter in the orange/green, and when this happens balls are definitely heading outside the strikezone. :lol:

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, it seems to be a catch 22 this year....either you can strike guys out but never walk anyone, or you shrink the meter and walk a few but it makes it hard to strike guys out...you seem to need to be able to hit that green zone to get them to chase out of the zone on a regular basis....

With the moded datafile, if you crank up the User Pitch Meter Difficulty to +35 (or higher) you can get some of that green area back...might be worth a try.

Archived