Anybody using a Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 3 Gamepad?

The H

If so, please answer the following:

1) Does it work with MVP Baseball 2005?

2) If you answered 'yes' to # 1, do you need a specific controller config to make it work?

3) Is the software that comes with it 'user friendly'? customizable? if so, how much?

4) Can you 'program' custom key-bindings for MVP 2005?

TIA for your time,

The H

2) If you answered 'yes' to # 1, do you need a specific controller config to make it work?

3) Is the software that comes with it 'user friendly'? customizable? if so, how much?

TIA for your time,

The H

I can tell you that it did work with MVP 2004...Yes I used a specific controller config. I also had to use the button mapping app (Thrustmapper) to swap buttons 1 and 2...it took me a few hours to figure it out for '04 but in the end it worked great.

spitoon,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you using it right now? if not, why? and with which one did you replace it?

I'm not using it with MVP 2005, only because I decided to spoil myself and pick up a cordless gamepad :)

I bought a Cordless Logitech Rumblepad II....apparently it looks alot like a PS2 controller??

TIA for your time,

The H

1. Yes

2. No, game supports pad without any kind of extra config

3. I don't know. I don't use it. You can check out thrustmaster.com for drivers and software. Just don't use the one on windows update. It makes the game run like molasses.

I just bought one after looking at the alternatives:

1) Yes, it works with MVP 2005.

2) No. On launch, MVP 2005 will auto read that you have a Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 3 since it is specifically supported by MVP 2005.

3) I don't use the software. You don't need it for this game. All I did was shut my computer off, inserted the Thrustmaster in a USB2 port, and turned the computer back on. Windows XP will detech new hardware and automatically install a driver. Since I still use Windows 98SE, I had to insert the CD to get the driver. The software, an .exe file called thrustmapper (latest version: 4.02b), can be downloaded from

http://us.thrustmaster.com for USA (others use http://thrustmaster.com and select your contry from the menu). Yes, the thrustmapper .exe program is very customizable. There is no charge. See more info lower in my note. I use the gamepad without this program, and with just the driver from Win98SE, and find it to be user friendly. Besides, MVP 2005, I use it with Madden 2004 and NBA Live 2004, and am very satisfied.

4) Yes, you can custom program the keys inside the game with just the Windows supplied driver. This is what I have done. You don't need the thrustmapper .exe for this.

Note well: if you want the latest -- the Dual Power 3 -- be sure you are getting part number 2960630. This number is on the bottom of the box below the internation bar code.

I was using a MS Sindwinder and had to upgrade to play MVP 2005. The feedback on Logitech was mixed and Thrustmaster seemed a likely alternative. I took a chance and am glad I did.

Here's more info from the web site:

Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 3 part number 2960630

No drivers are required for this devise.

This device is fully compliant with the "Human Interface Device" specifications.

We have developed the device in such a way that it will be recognize under the Microsoft Operating systems (Windows 98 series, Me, 2000 and Windows XP) as an "HID compliant Game Device".

By simply connecting your Thrustmaster game controllers to the computer’s USB port, it will become available in Windows Game Controller / Gaming Option.

The drivers provided by Microsoft will ensure you a perfect compatibility with any games using DirectX technology (100% of today's games!).

Note: If you wish to use advanced functions (Like Axis and Button programming or Keyboard key mapping), the Thrustmapper software is available from the "Software" section. This program will install proprietary drivers to enable such functions.

Thrustmapper v4.02b latest software from web site

The default Help file is in English. Additional languages are available for download.

System Requirements :

• Windows 98 SE/ Me/ 2000/ XP*

*Service Pack 3 is required for Windows 2000

Service Pack 1 is required for Windows XP

• Direct X 9

List of compatible devices :

FIRESTORM DUAL ANALOG 3

Fixed in this release (as compared with version V.4.02)

• Now compatible with the latest DUAL ANALOG 3 versions.

Installation Procedure :

IMPORTANT:

Uninstall any previous Thrustmapper version (from Add-remove programs) from your computer before proceeding with the installation

RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION :

1-Download the Thrustmapper v4.02b

• Create a central location for all your Thrustmaster accessories related downloads

• Right-Click your DESKTOP and select "NEW" and then "FOLDER"

• Name the folder "Thrustmaster Downloads"

• Click on the hyperlink.

• A "File Download" dialogue box will appear

• Select the "SAVE" button

• A "Save As" window should appear

• Browse to the folder you created

• Select the "SAVE" button

2- Run the V.4.02 installation package and follows the instructions. You will be asked to reboot your computer.

If the installer detects a previous version still installed, it will remove it and reboot the computer. You will be required to run the installer again to proceed with the installation.

3- Upon reboot, Windows will detect and install "Thrustmaster Virtual Mouse" & "Thrustmaster Virtual Keyboard". These are necessary for the Thrustmapper to recognize you accessory properly. If they are not detected, please reboot again. If this does not work, please re-launch the installation process.

4- Once the Thrustmapper software is correctly installed, connect your accessory to the computer and let Windows install the device as an HID game controller*.

Windows 98 SE users might be required to provide their installation CD to complete the installation.

Win XP users may get warned, during the installation process, that the drivers you are trying to install “ have not passed Windows Logo testingâ€. Do not mind this warning and click “Continue anywayâ€.

ALTERNATIVE INSTALLATION :

Although it is recommended to install the Thrustmapper software BEFORE your accessories, a reverse installation is also possible, should you wish to start using the software later on.

1- Run the Thrustmapper installation package and follow the instructions. You will be asked to reboot your computer.

2- Upon reboot, Windows will detect and install "Thrustmaster Virtual Mouse" & "Thrustmaster Virtual Keyboard". These are necessary for the Thrustmapper to recognize you accessory properly. If they are not detected, please reboot again. If this does not work, please re-launch the installation process.

Windows 98 SE user might be required to provide their installation CD to complete the installation.

Win XP users may get warned, during the installation process, that the drivers you are trying to install “ have not passed Windows Logo testingâ€. Do not mind this warning and click “Continue anywayâ€.

3- Once the installation is complete, you should be able to configure your accessory using the Thrustmapper software

Archived