Getting rid of the Majestic logo...

Moser316

First off, I just installed my new video card last night, and what a difference! I guess I'm finally ready to start doing my High-Res Road Trip (for those of you uninitiated, it's all 30 MLB teams in road-trip order, going the "long way" from Milwaukee to the Twin Cities) :D

Anyways, I'm close to being done with the Brewers and Cubs (White Sox are in progress), and I noticed with the bump-up in detail that there's now a small black Majestic logo at the end of the left sleeve. When I did my uniform mods for 2004, I always did the Majestic logo myself on the SLVL file so I could have some flexibility on where to place it. Where is the Majestic logo located in the uniform file, and how do I get rid of it? Any help would be appreciated :)

hey moser it's in the instaz.big file under majest_logo or something of that nature. i haven't messed w/ it yet since i'm just doing minor unis and they don't have it embedded, but i have looked at it. i imagine you could extract it as a bmp touch it up and remove the logo in photohop then import it back in. if you have success do you think you could send me a copy of the redone bmp? it's really small.

You could just change the alpha to all black.

I'll try that out when I get home tonight, and I'm hoping to have the three uniforms mentioned above released sometime this weekend...

Yeah, it can be done. I just tried it out. :)

having a hard time extracting the file and editing it, also trying to edit in eagraph itself but no luck as well. i know i'm right there, but how'd you get it done?

how'd you get it done?

Alright, it's a little more complicated than normal, have gfxpak and initstaz.big in a folder by themselves.

Create a batch file that contains the following lines:

@echo off

gfxpak -u initstaz.big

mkdir models misc

cd models

mkdir textures

cd ..misc

mkdir textures

cd ..

gfxpak -u initstay.big
It will create the .fsh files, I used nfshtool to edit majt.fsh, I assume that part you can do. Once I did that I compressed it with gfxpak and then ran the following code:
gfxpak -d initstay.big models/textures/majt.fsh

gfxpak -p initstay.big models/textures/majt.fsh

gfxpak -p initstaz.big initstay.big

Let me know if that makes sense. Credit goes to spitoon for his bat selector batch file, that pointed me in the right direction.

yeah with you up until the end of the ,fsh creation. i've got the fsh open and edited the graphic and alpha in adobe. that's done. now i'm stuck on the whole compressing, repacking and how to import back into the game. if you have time that's cool.

After you've edited the .fsh file, drag index.fsh back onto nfshtool.exe.

Make sure that the majestic fsh and gfxpak are in the same folder.

Run:

gfxpak -real -compress majt.fsh majt.fsh
Now copy the new compressed majt.fsh back into modelstextures Once that's done, make anoter batch file with the code listed above:
@echo off

gfxpak -d initstay.big models/textures/majt.fsh

gfxpak -p initstay.big models/textures/majt.fsh

gfxpak -p initstaz.big initstay.big

The batch file should be in the parent directory, that contains:

gfxpak.exe

initstay.big

initstaz.big

models (dir)

misc (dir)

Once that is finished, copy your new initstaz.big file into your data folder.

Archived