Our own Trivia Website

Yankee4Life

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 out of 10, 55 seconds. A good comeback because I really needed it to keep up with you guys.

You will not believe the one I missed. Laroquece was just talking about the Rockies in the shoutbox and here was the question.

2023-11-22_112406.thumb.jpg.b0dc1dcca7f062e9df9b2e06393b7882.jpg

5 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

9 out of 10, 55 seconds. A good comeback because I really needed it to keep up with you guys.

You will not believe the one I missed. Laroquece was just talking about the Rockies in the shoutbox and here was the question.

2023-11-22_112406.thumb.jpg.b0dc1dcca7f062e9df9b2e06393b7882.jpg

Man, what a coindidence.  

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

10 out of 10, 39 seconds. I needed this a lot because I am running out of time this month.

I can’t buy a win this month.  If I was the only one playing, I’d still find a way to finish in 2nd place! :facepalm:

10 out of 10, 34 seconds. Now if the end of the month was tomorrow I'd be fine.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

10/10, 40 seconds.  I would have been even faster if I hadn't read the first question 3 times!

I have done the same thing many times.

50 minutes ago, laroquece said:

9/10 70 seconds. Napoleon, I wont forget that name again.

Napoleon Lajoie was the first star of the newly formed American League back in 1901. He was so popular that when he went to Cleveland the team was renamed the Naps. Let’s see that happen today. I doubt if any team will rename themselves the Ohtanis if he happens to sign with them. 😅

Anyway, I doubt you will miss this question again after this.👍

NapLajoie.thumb.jpg.b24270dcae3cf1e8be85bd519db79702.jpg

Nap Lajoie. Career .339 average with 3, 252 hits. A really good player.

11 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Napoleon Lajoie was the first star of the newly formed American League back in 1901. He was so popular that when he went to Cleveland the team was renamed the Naps. Let’s see that happen today. I doubt if any team will rename themselves the Ohtanis if he happens to sign with them. 😅

Anyway, I doubt you will miss this question again after this.👍

NapLajoie.thumb.jpg.b24270dcae3cf1e8be85bd519db79702.jpg

Nap Lajoie. Career .339 average with 3, 252 hits. A really good player.

Great, thanks Y4L, I really enjoy your "The Players" thread.

3 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

10 out of 10, 34 seconds. Now if the end of the month was tomorrow I'd be fine.

Looks like I've got another good chance for another 2nd place finish today  That's the story of my life this month . . .

3 hours ago, laroquece said:

Great, thanks Y4L, I really enjoy your "The Players" thread.

Thank you. I enjoy doing it. Every player I feature I learn something about. Baseball history is wonderful to read about.

2 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Looks like I've got another good chance for another 2nd place finish today  That's the story of my life this month . . .

I've had many months like that too Jim, kind of like I am stuck in place and no matter what I did I couldn't get going. Usually it is watching Fiebre pass me by. Those "general" questions are coming so I am not home free yet.

8 out of 10, 49 seconds. I did terrible and let me show you why.

2023-11-27_082958.thumb.jpg.96bfe9bb096d6c34aca42e1063c42872.jpg

As a Yankee fan I hang my head in shame. My excuse is that I read it too fast and therefore messed up. I'm ashamed. For my penance I will say something nice about Rafael Devers. He had a good season in 2023. There, that's it. Done.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

6/10, 80 seconds.  Is it December yet? :(

December is arriving on Friday Jim believe it or not. This has been a fast month and with the extra day in December it is going to make the trivia race even more exciting.

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

8 out of 10, 49 seconds. I did terrible and let me show you why.

2023-11-27_082958.thumb.jpg.96bfe9bb096d6c34aca42e1063c42872.jpg

As a Yankee fan I hang my head in shame. My excuse is that I read it too fast and therefore messed up. I'm ashamed. For my penance I will say something nice about Rafael Devers. He had a good season in 2023. There, that's it. Done.

What do they mean by “season MVP”?  Plenty of Yankee players have won the AL MVP:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/history/awards

Babe Ruth was the first in 1923. You can take back your comment about Rafael Devers. :lol: