Our own Trivia Website

Yankee4Life

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

What do they mean by “season MVP”?  Plenty of Yankee players have won the AL MVP:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/history/awards

Babe Ruth was the first in 1923. You can take back your comment about Rafael Devers. :lol:

Who knows Jim? So I looked it up here on Baseball reference.

The Most Valuable Player Award is given annually to one player in each league. The award began in 1911 as the Chalmers Award, honoring the "most important and useful player to the club and to the league". This award was discontinued in 1914. From 1922 to 1928 in the American League and from 1924 to 1929 in the National League, an MVP award was given to "the baseball player who is of the greatest all-around service to his club". Prior winners were not eligible to win the MVP award again during this time. The current incarnation of the MVP award was established in 1931. The Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA) votes on the MVP award at the conclusion of each season before the postseason starts.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 out of 10, 97 seconds. The great equalizer for me in this trivia game. General\Intermediate means General\You suck for me. 😄

2 hours ago, laroquece said:

8/10 101 seconds, man, those Nascar questions always get me.

Nascar doesn't exist for me because I can't stand it. I never pay attention to it.

4 out of 10, 130 seconds. And that my friends is that. Throw in a where-did-he-go-to-school, soccer questions and what number did so-and-so wear (I had two of those!) and you can see why I only got four right. Now to see what Fiebre does. That guy is unbelievable. He just keeps coming at you.

5 hours ago, laroquece said:

10/10 112 seconds. Wowwwwwwwww I didn´t expect it tbh, man, I was rather happy yesterday for getting my first victory of the month and now this, December here I come 😁

That's great! I have never come close to a perfect score in this category. 👍

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Great job. 

Thanks Jim.  

3 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

That's great! I have never come close to a perfect score in this category. 👍

thanks Y4L, to be honest I thought I would get less than 3 correct questions.

For the first time in our trivia games we have a tie at the top at the end of the month. Fiebre and I both had 175 points and will share the top spot. At the beginning of the day two days ago I had a four point lead but then two straight days of getting 4 out of 10 did me no good and Fiebre took advantage of it. He's great at this game and I give him a lot of credit.

2023-12-01_063758.jpg.988e90042b3fc2f2f20592d3b0fc40e0.jpg

Now today I had 10 out of 10 in 44 seconds. A little too late.

56 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

For the first time in our trivia games we have a tie at the top at the end of the month. Fiebre and I both had 175 points and will share the top spot. At the beginning of the day two days ago I had a four point lead but then two straight days of getting 4 out of 10 did me no good and Fiebre took advantage of it. He's great at this game and I give him a lot of credit.

Man what a tight race that was, congrats to both of you, the 12 wins gave you the first place. 

3 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Congratulations Y4L for  you win, this was a really close trivia.    For all of us, have a great december.

2 hours ago, Muller_11 said:

10 of 10 54 Seconds

A LOT OF 10 OF 10 BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Five people so far have perfect scores. Wow, what a way to start a month.

3 hours ago, Fiebre said:

Congratulations Y4L for  you win, this was a really close trivia.    For all of us, have a great december.

We tied my friend. That's how I see it.

9 out of 10, 35 seconds. It should have been ten and I will show you why I said that. I knew the answer and I have no idea why I clicked on the wrong one excerpt maybe I was trying to go too fast. Well, this time it came back to bite me.

2023-12-03_055033.thumb.jpg.50892c0eea7b64f3e4624ea94eb1d9c1.jpg