datafile help

kumala

when i go change somethings in the datafile. and restart the game nothing has changed. I go back to check the datafile and it changed back to its original state. I decompress, edit in wordpad, save and recompress but it never keeps my edited file. i need help.

when i go change somethings in the datafile. and restart the game nothing has changed. I go back to check the datafile and it changed back to its original state. I decompress, edit in wordpad, save and recompress but it never keeps my edited file. i need help.

Where are you putting the datafile.txt?

The game has datafile.big in the data/datafile folder that contains the stock datafile.txt. When you extract datafile.txt (or download a new one) and place it in /data folder it overrides the stock one...so, if you are putting your edited datafile.txt in the wrong folder then the game will revert to using the stock one contained within datafile.big.

I use notepad, I dont know if wordpad will work, Ive never tried it and make sure you save your datafile when your done editing it

I find notepad way to slow for a file of that size...wordpad works, but TextPad is better, you can find as a free download on the net.

I am using ksm datafile and I am trying to get trues battingview 4 in the mod for my personal mod. I extracted ksm file in the datafile. I did not extract the stock file.

Archived