Starting from scratch

carstensm

Hey everybody. Super impressed with this community, looking to build up a 2K12 mod, curious which order of operations I should go.

Do I need to install the latest Total Conversion Mod (2019 I think?), then update the front end to 2022, then update rosters to 2022?

OR

Should I just apply the 2022 front end and rosters straight to my base 2K12 game?

Appreciate your insight!

What i did was a nice clean install, then added the patch.

1. Total conversion mod MLB2k15 by raidersbball20 as a base (Perfect mod), this way you don't miss anything.

2. Then the 2k19 Conversion mod

3. Then all the Front-end stuff for 2020 & 2022

4. All the newest stadiums & uniforms after the MLB 2k19 total conversion

4. Next the updated end of season roster by headtrip47

5. last the faces & portraits update packs by osbel to match headtrip's roster.

Now i have a pretty much complete updated game!

I changed the batting and pitching to be more like MVP 2005

I am impressed with this game and enjoying it very much

2 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

What i did was a nice clean install, then added the patch.

1. Total conversion mod MLB2k15 by raidersbball20 as a base (Perfect mod), this way you don't miss anything.

2. Then the 2k19 Conversion mod

3. Then all the Front-end stuff for 2020 & 2022

4. All the newest stadiums & uniforms after the MLB 2k19 total conversion

4. Next the updated end of season roster by headtrip47

5. last the faces & portraits update packs by osbel to match headtrip's roster.

Now i have a pretty much complete updated game!

I changed the batting and pitching to be more like MVP 2005

I am impressed with this game and enjoying it very much

How'd you change the batting and pitching? Been looking for some good files or sliders.

Thanks!

I gave up on this game earlier in the year, because i couldn't take the swinging with the stick or the pitching.

Then i learned you can change everything to classic mode, and now the swinging and pitching are almost identical to MVP 2005.

After these changes, i think the game is amazing.

Especially the presentation and other new 2K features that were added to baseball games from 2005 to 2012.

I am using headtrip's sliders, with a little bit of tweaking of my own.

I still love MVP, especially for its modding capabilities and total classic stuff, but i am enjoying this game more and more.

6 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

I gave up on this game earlier in the year, because i couldn't take the swinging with the stick or the pitching.

Then i learned you can change everything to classic mode, and now the swinging and pitching are almost identical to MVP 2005.

After these changes, i think the game is amazing.

Especially the presentation and other new 2K features that were added to baseball games from 2005 to 2012.

I am using headtrip's sliders, with a little bit of tweaking of my own.

I still love MVP, especially for its modding capabilities and total classic stuff, but i am enjoying this game more and more.

I noticed there is a portraits install 'Headtrip47 MLB2k22 Portraits 1.0.0' by Headtrip47 - do I need to install this or is the install from step 5 sufficient?

thanks, Dirtdog

Step 5 worked fine for me.

Osbel's portrait pack. i think it contains all the portraits needed to match his roster fully.

Some great work by Headtrip47 and then by Osbel as well to finish off the needed faces and portraits all matched excellent.

The only face i noticed that didn't match was Vlad Jr.

17 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

Step 5 worked fine for me.

Osbel's portrait pack. i think it contains all the portraits needed to match his roster fully.

Some great work by Headtrip47 and then by Osbel as well to finish off the needed faces and portraits all matched excellent.

The only face i noticed that didn't match was Vlad Jr.

ok, tks.

do you happen to know how to edit (remove) facial hair from these cyberfaces?  I've tried with Reditor ii and 2k12 roster editor but no luck.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:25 PM, Ritchie said:

ok, tks.

do you happen to know how to edit (remove) facial hair from these cyberfaces?  I've tried with Reditor ii and 2k12 roster editor but no luck.

Cyberfaces are tied to a texture, unless it's one of the generic faces (I forget the range) which would allow for beards/goatees/moustaches

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Cyberfaces are tied to a texture, unless it's one of the generic faces (I forget the range) which would allow for beards/goatees/moustaches

Ok, tks Kc. I was hoping I could eliminate facial hair from Yankees end of season  2022 roster made by Headtrop47

8 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Ok, tks Kc. I was hoping I could eliminate facial hair from Yankees end of season  2022 roster made by Headtrop47

If they have a generic face you can zero out their facial hair in a roster editor, but if they have a cyberface it's likely someone would need to edit the face texture

Or the Yankees could just come out the dark ages and just allow facial hair. Its almost 2023 for crying out loud,

In my opinion one of the dumbest team rules in all of sports.

Even UPS, FedX and law enforcement agencies both federal and state came off the no facial hair stance and all allow beards and facial hair now.

28 minutes ago, BillyBall305 said:

Or the Yankees could just come out the dark ages and just allow facial hair. Its almost 2023 for crying out loud,

In my opinion one of the dumbest team rules in all of sports.

Even UPS, FedX and law enforcement agencies both federal and state came off the no facial hair stance and all allow beards and facial hair now.

The policy should evolve to just keep the hair well groomed, like Jeter suggested to the Marlins when he was CEO

Archived