NOT the Title Screen Freeze

rscaper1070

I'm hoping that I can get a little insight into a problem I am having. Whenever I search for the problem all I get for results are for the title screen freeze. My game is patched, so it is not that. My game randomly gets stuck when a new batter steps up to the plate. The music, crowd sounds, and idle animations continue but the game just stops. I have to save and then reload to get it to continue. 

Does anyone know of a fix or is this just an old game quirk I'm going to have to learn to live with?

11 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

What do you mean by your game is patched?

2K12 has a patch that fixes the title screen freeze. It's a file that is available on this site.

1 hour ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Never had this issue myself but are you using custom player heads? It might be a corrupt player head file. But that's just a wild guess. 

That's a good idea. All I did was run drills before I started changing heads so it might not have been happening before that. I'll test it out on a vanilla install.

Posted (edited)

Yep, try it without any mods and see if it runs correctly. 

Also your player heads need to stay in the 1-9999 ID range. ;) 

Edited by mbowkett1978

14 hours ago, rscaper1070 said:

I'm hoping that I can get a little insight into a problem I am having. Whenever I search for the problem all I get for results are for the title screen freeze. My game is patched, so it is not that. My game randomly gets stuck when a new batter steps up to the plate. The music, crowd sounds, and idle animations continue but the game just stops. I have to save and then reload to get it to continue. 

Does anyone know of a fix or is this just an old game quirk I'm going to have to learn to live with?

Set the refresh rate to 60 if you have vsync enabled. I think the game doesn't play nice with high refresh rate displays

10 hours ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Never had this issue myself but are you using custom player heads? It might be a corrupt player head file. But that's just a wild guess. 

This was definitely the answer. I switched out the heads and the problem went away.