Random questions

Hey all,

So once MVP 98 is (finally) released, I wanted to get a dynasty going. This has happened in fits and starts for a while (and if any mods are reading this, all my other previous dynasty posts can be deleted/archived if not already). I'm thinking about doing this regardless of responses here, but I wanted to see how many people were interested in a possible simulated radio broadcast featuring commentary by yours truly?

It's truly a hobby for me, but I did go to school for broadcast journalism and want to breathe life back into these old games and the dynasties, which seems to be a forgotten (or too inconsistent) feature of this site. The medium would likely be audio only because the video takes up way too much bandwidth on my MVP-dedicated computer. So please feel free to chime in if you'd like, if you have any ideas for features, if you'd be interested in pregame/recap shows, if you have an ideas for fake sponsors, etc.

You're already doing so much with that mod, that it would be unfair for anyone to ask for more.

As for fake sponsors, I once saw a bail bonds company that was called 'Strikeout'. I supposes they were using the 3 strikes law as an inspiration. 

You don’t have to worry about have too many dynasties started and stopped because we’ve had many people in the past that seemed to start a new one every week or so. One guy used to start one so many times that we’d sit back and wait for him to scrap it and begin again. No kidding.

Now, a simulated radio broadcast done by you? That would be interesting and it would promote your mod at the same time. I think it would be a very good idea. We had a guy named bhurst99 who had a Blue Jays video dynasty and he spent a lot of time on it. You can check it out right here.

I do agree that the dynasties are a forgotten feature here but we have had some good ones at the same time. An audio dynasty has never been done here and I know you said video would take up too much space and that makes sense I did come up with two questions. First with the audio dynasty you will be having will you still have screenshots? That doesn’t take a lot of space and secondly when you are going to play a game where it could decide the division or pennant or World Series will you make a video there? Standout games like that.

A pregame and recap show sounds good. Again, never been done in here. Fake sponsors? It depends on what team you will be using for your dynasty and then I can use my imagination.

15 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

First with the audio dynasty you will be having will you still have screenshots? That doesn’t take a lot of space and secondly when you are going to play a game where it could decide the division or pennant or World Series will you make a video there? Standout games like that.

A pregame and recap show sounds good. Again, never been done in here. Fake sponsors? It depends on what team you will be using for your dynasty and then I can use my imagination.

Yeah, my plan is to have screenshots and maybe have a daily or series recap "newspaper" with screenshots and written articles. I might try to do videos for the big games, but it'll depend on the memory resources that get taken up. The computer I run MVP on is on the older side and I'm not sure if it'll be able to handle Movie Maker.

As for a team, the easy answer is the Yankees since I really got into baseball watching the 98 Yanks. I do have a soft spot for the Expos though.

11 hours ago, BallFour said:

Yeah, my plan is to have screenshots and maybe have a daily or series recap "newspaper" with screenshots and written articles. I might try to do videos for the big games, but it'll depend on the memory resources that get taken up. The computer I run MVP on is on the older side and I'm not sure if it'll be able to handle Movie Maker.

If you can't that is no problem.

11 hours ago, BallFour said:

As for a team, the easy answer is the Yankees since I really got into baseball watching the 98 Yanks. I do have a soft spot for the Expos though.

Both are good choices.