The Ultimate Question

mrg1

Okay, we can all pretty much agree that MVP 2005 is a pretty remarkable game. But is it the best? I guess "best" and "favorite" baseball game would constitute two entirely different questions, but post your thoughts and opinions on either one in this post

i never played high heat. was it realistic? and how do the gfx compare to mvp?

You can't compare the graphics, MVP is way better in that department..although you have to remember it's been (at least) 2 years since the last HH was released...and about 5 since the best HH (IMO) was released..that being the 2k2 version.

As far as gameplay and stats and such HH is the hands down winner...MVP has nice eye candy and bells and whistles but it's going to take something special to compete with HH2002 for me.

Don't get me wrong, MVP is a good game and I don't see me ever going back to HH...but it was a 'great game' while MVP is in the 'very good' category for me...

If HH Plays better than MVp. Then why not go back to it?

Sure MVP LOOKS good. But game play is the MOST Important thing!

I have HH 02 & 04.. I read on other sites where the modders are trying to make the players look as good as MVP. when you have those GREAT Modders any game is worth playing!

I Still play HH, but I am hoping that I can get MVP tweaked to my liking. While I love gameplay and realism, I love all the animations MVP has. I love seeing the ball bounce around after a homer. I love that the ball hits the bat and the then the ball goes into a glove and the glove closes. I love all the different animations. I love HH and getting perfect stats is awesome, but If I could get MVP close in all the major categories, now that would be great.

Gameplay and stats management = High Heat series

Graphics and 'look and feel' = MVP Baseball 2005

Damnit, I was trying to sum up my feelings, and you summed it up better.....get out of my head! :D

I will give my two cents (even though it is not worth one penny!!)

High Heat: Stats and game play were great, I really liked the game summaries and the fact that players would get inducted into the HOF.

MVP 2005: Graphics and some of the specific plays. Things such as a player running down a ball and to reach it they have to lean and their momentum makes them fall, so they roll to the side. More realistic!

I just wish a game would come out that has an all time stats section and include all time records that can be broken! I am a stats man, that is what baseball is all about for me!

Archived