Stuttering gone but the shimmering grass remains unsolved

Totte

P4 2.0 GHz

GeForce4 MX420 (driver 6.6.9.3)

512 MB Ram

MVP-Patches 1 & 2 installed

I run the game on XP Home SP2 through 3D-Analyze 2.0 and my created mvp2005.bat. That took care of the awful faces but left me with the shimmering grass there's so much buzz about.

I want to run the game on 1024x768x32 but everytime I try and do this the game crashes to desktop right after I've selected teams and hit forward to start the game. When I turn it down to 800x600x32 (which is what AutoDetect inside the game and 3D-analyze tells me) the game starts and you can play for a while but whenever someone hits a home-run or sometimes catches a floater in the outfield, the game crashes to desktop.

I've tried changing the AA/AF without result.

What should I do? Anyone been in the same situation?

Im in that situation right now. I turned up the AF/AA and it got better. I also turned on V-sync but it started to run really slowly. I turned it off and I'm yet to see if it fixes.

You arent alone... :)

I dont have a Video card, its intergrated with the CPU.. Unichrome.

so I cant adjust nothing.. I have tried there is nothing to adjust. so sometime down the road when I have the $ i need to get a card..

I raised the resolution and it fixed the grass, I agree on 800x600 it is absolutely horrible

I raised it to 1024x768x32 (the way I want it) and the grass looked a little bit better but it's far from perfect. Atleast now it's playable or whatever you call it.

So how did I get the 1024x768x32 resolution to work? Big thanks to rambully for this one! :D

- In 3D-analyze, in the middle section called Hardware Limits (Cap Bits), check the box emulate TnL (cap bits) and all crashes will go away.

Once again, thanks to rambully!

Archived