Game keeps crashing

JP_Frost

As of today my game keeps crashing back to the desktop. Normally this happens when I play the Angels or when a popup comes up., but this time it juts keeps on crashing about 7-8 time a game. I can re-enter the game, cuz for some reason it automatically goes to the pause menu. It's like my windows button is pressed after a certain amount of time.

I haven't downloaded any mods lately 'cept for the progression mod, but I doubt that that's the cause.

Does anyone know what it could be? I've been playing the game without any problems up untill today.

it seems to be something in the computer itself - it looks like it refreshes after a certain amount of time. Not just my web browser, but the entire computer.

Dunno if this is the right forum, but if someone has any suggestion, please help me out, cuz it's really annoying. The screen flashes for a split second, so I think that's the problem.

I haven't downloaded anything new in the last couple of days, no portraits, cyberfaces or roster. I do have an anti-virus program running and once in a while I get a popup that the program's gonna scan my comp, but now it just boots me back to the desktop without any popup appearing. Like I said, up untill today I didn't have any problems, but it started out today.

This is really strange, cuz I haven't messed with any setting in my computer today, so I have no clue what happened here.

When I'm on the net ( like I am now ), I can see the top bar of the screen flicker of a split second. It doesn't really refresh the page or anything like that. It seems like that's it. So when I'm playing MVP, the comp somehow refreshes something which makes the game go back to the desktop. I can still play it, but if you have to back to the desktop after a couple of minutes everytime...it gets really annoying.

If someone knows anything about this please tell me, because I can't find anything that may have a similar effect on this in my firefox settings.

This is the error I'm getting What can be done about the Game.exe or program causing an error? I'm at the screen where it says rosters as of

Question

What can be done about the Game.exe or program causing an error?

Answer

This is a generic Windows error. These errors happen when the game either makes a request that the computer does not understand or fails to respond with correct data. The computer picks up on this error, but since it is not a specific error, all it can do is give this generic error response.

When troubleshooting these generic errors we have several steps we can take.

Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the game.

Click here for assistance in finding the minimum requirements for the game.

Make sure that you have all the patches that are available for the game. Yes I do

Click on the Start button.

Select All Programs.

In the list of programs find the game folder.

The default should be in the EAGames or EASports folders.

In the game folder there should be a Check for Update or Auto-Update icon. Double-click on that icon.

It should now log on and check for updates.

Make sure that there are no extra programs running in the background that might interfere with the games execution.

Click here for instructions on ending your background tasks. I do you use McaFee but I turn it off

Make sure your drivers and system files are as up to date as possible. The computer might be giving an instruction to a device that simply does not know how to proceed.

Click here for instructions on updating drivers. I don't know if they are up to date

so far it's just been mvp, but I haven't played any other games lately. Maybe I can't call it a crash, but it just minimizes the game back to the desktop if you know what I mean. It prolly doesn't haven't anything to do with the game itself but more with my computer. I don't get any errors and I don't use mvpedit.

Did you check the temperature of your PC ? And do you have a software of CPU's temperature control like CPU cool ?

May be that the temperature is too high and that the game minimize in order to launch this background program.

It's just an idea... I hope that that can help you in something

As of today my game keeps crashing back to the desktop. Normally this happens when I play the Angels or when a popup comes up., but this time it juts keeps on crashing about 7-8 time a game. I can re-enter the game, cuz for some reason it automatically goes to the pause menu. It's like my windows button is pressed after a certain amount of time.

I haven't downloaded any mods lately 'cept for the progression mod, but I doubt that that's the cause.

Does anyone know what it could be? I've been playing the game without any problems up untill today.

Check out this thread, it may help you. I am having a similar problem ...

http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Fo...mp;t=8468#97463

Thanx for the suggestions.

I have tried to play the game when my internet was disconnected and it worked fine, so it has to do with my browser settings I believe. Dunno if I still have this problem today, if so then I will just play mvp with my adsl disconnected.

and I also have that Anaheim problem. Is there a fix for it? maybe Kc can help, because I believe it happens to people that have downloaded his uniform mod...not sure though.

anyhow, thanx for the help.

I also have that Anaheim problem. Is there a fix for it? maybe Kc can help, because I believe it happens to people that have downloaded his uniform mod...not sure though..

Here is the thing, test it out as I have & see if you get the same result in that specific uniform. If so, we can know this is in fact an issue. I am hoping to get enough responses to this poll in order to determine for sure the source of the problem. I don't want to say that somebody messed up a uniform mod if it's not so. So first it needs to be tested out.

yeah, you're right. I'm not trying to imply that Kc messed something up, cuz for all we know it could be something else - even something that has nothing to do with a mod. Just thougt that maybe Kc would have an idea.

anyhow...I will test it out to see if the problems is exactly the same.

Archived