MVP pn htpc

kumala

the optical out is 8 channel, and it does not look stretched out. I have it at 1280x1024 or something like that. Ok be right back with some pics.

1280x1024 is not a widescreen resolution. your image is stretched.

you need to get either 960x540, 1280x720, or 1920x1080 options. There are other resolutinos with no overscan to the TV.

Also, you have the Realtek ALC850 soundchip on your board. This chip is a AC'97 Rev 2.3 Audio CODEC. Since MVP doesn't stream Dolby Digital. You will only get 2channel output on your receiver. Your receiver is giving you either Prologic or PrologicII decoding.

it is through dvi to hdmi

remodel, whether it is stretched or not it looks great to me. there is no way of doing it in widescreen because there is no config to edit.

would you guys like more pics of mvp or other games?

Black, can't get it at that res, only at 1280x720p.

droveby, what else info do you want.

I have a silverstone lascala lc-10m case with vfd. Pretty hefty and tough to work with the space that is. I have asus A8N sli deluxe mobo, socket 939 amd64 3500+ cpu, 1 gig of ram, nec 3250a dvdrw, nvidia 6600gt 128m card capable of sli, 550 hdd, ocz modstream psu 520w. No sound card just using the onboard sound, has an optical out. Have not connected to my hometheater since the panny dlp has good sound and my home theater sys is upstairs. if you plan on getting a sound card for your htpc, many have preferred the audigy z2 from creative labs. The games just look awesome on the panny. Doom 3, Call of Duty, Battefield, etc. all look great on it. I don't think I'll ever go back to a monitor again. All is connected via hdmi, thats why it looks sharper. I can get 720p to work with this machine and set. I suggest everyone to get an htpc and play some mvp on it.

Let me understand this, basiclly all it is a fast computer with a video card that has dvi out and a remote?

that is all? a top end machine with dvi out?

what model panasonic monitor/tv is that?

what OS are you running?

I assume you have card installed that allows your machine to act a tivo like device, if so what card is it.

it is through dvi to hdmi

remodel, whether it is stretched or not it looks great to me. there is no way of doing it in widescreen because there is no config to edit.

would you guys like more pics of mvp or other games?

Black, can't get it at that res, only at 1280x720p.

droveby, what else info do you want.

here's what i want maybe i can speak for everyone including kraw.

1) os - xp media edition?

2) does the vid card have vivo/tivo capabil. or is this built into os or both or seperate card for those capabilities?

3)assuming majority of parts thru newgg or zzf?

4) seems fairly simple to build- high end pc into smaller case.

5) more pics of mvp and the back of the htpc itself please.

6) too bad mvp doesn't stream in DD, what other games do if any?

this thing is hot bro, so are you using xp or xp media center edition? that'll be it for my questons i think, i like directron but since i'm in tx they charge tax- i hate tax....

• 5 months later...

Archived